• This is hard work. Well done.
    1-2-4-5-3

Comment

• Originally posted by igor136 View Post
      This is hard work. Well done.
      Exactly !

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
        Thanks for cutting up and sharing. Always interesting and a good reference.Dave will also 'enjoy' those photos. Enjoying following the thread / progress, so you have an audience of at least two.
        Yup. Thanks Maiks. Saved the photo of the cut-away of the rear box. (Normally completely packed with fiberglas.)
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Thanks!
          This job is a real pain in the a.. Crap flew everywhere, several times I was thinking why the hell I do it.. But today I was thinking that a little more and there is no rust at all on the bottom...
          I hope to put all pieces back tomorrow and make some better pictures, I need more light then U have better review.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
          Exactly !

Comment

• No problem. Normally fiberglas cant fly out. The rear box end was cut bigger and the pipes were welded bigger, so all the stuff can fly out.

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            Yup. Thanks Maiks. Saved the photo of the cut-away of the rear box. (Normally completely packed with fiberglas.)

Comment

• Good news, car is done!!
              Bad news: powdercoaters did not follow the deadlines.
              Worse news: they painted with wrong color I wanted dark dark green, almost black!!
              But when the stuff finally was ready then
              I do not have any more time to repaint, so I have to put it all back together as it is!!
              PLEASE NO COMMENTS ABOUT THE COLOR!!!
              But the rest of it was normal, one bushing what I bought from albert wasnt in correct size, 3mm bigger but it is ok now..
              Some pictures!!! More is coming on monday..

Attached Files

Comment

• It's under the car, so it's not like calipers were done in wrong colour? Looks great under there otherwise

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on poly bushes
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                  It's under the car, so it's not like calipers were done in wrong colour? Looks great under there otherwise

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on poly bushes
                  Fingers crossed that I will not never ever turn the car upside down in fast corners, otherwise everybody can see

I will let U know about the bushes.. But it happens probably in spring

Comment

• Looks great, as mentioned, just as well it's not the callipers.

Colour is annoying in one's mind even though no one else can see it, but it's mild compared to the initial red colour.

It's way better than it was / than a lot of shiny cars that are pretty rusty underneath belonging to some members.

Interested to see how you feel about the poly bushes. Albert is a great asset for S cars owners, but oem bushes for myself, I'm old, but still keen to see what you think, as my car is the same even down to the body colour, so the photos are like it's my car being done. :roll eyes:

Comment

• Yesterday I was thinking about those bushings. I am quite sure that I dont feel any difference, but so far I have driven about 15 metres, so I dont know yet. But I am 100% sure that the difference is not like before was so bad and now is so good. But will see. At first I must let someone see if the rear wheels are straight!

The biggest joy is that I can fill gas tank and dont need to worry about the leaks

Comment

• Maybe it's too early, but did new bushes reduce interior noise at all? Mine is pretty crashy and quite noisy inside.
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Mine is pretty crashy and quite noisy inside.
                          Sorry Hunker, which bushes are fitted to your 'grey' car ?

Thanks.

Comment

Maybe it's too early, but did new bushes reduce interior noise at all? Mine is pretty crashy and quite noisy inside.
                            I hope mine are not, otherwise I have to replace those and put oem back!
                            Here is the reason, our roads are like this:

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                              Sorry Hunker, which bushes are fitted to your 'grey' car ?

Thanks.

Whatever Audi decided to fit back in '93

Mine is on OEM 22 year old bushes and I'm planning to refurbish all suspension with shocks over summer in effort to make it more quieter.
                              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I forgot to add pictures.. So here they are..

Alberts Aluminium Subframe Bushings rear Audi C4 (S4/S6/UrS4/UrS6) and V8 (D11). But the hole is bigger than the bolt, but maybe it should be. I don't remember how the oem was.

Only bushes are not new. Both sides were in very good condition.

Thank god I cleaned handbrake mechanism. When all things were together, then I noticed that I must release the nut.. No key didn't reach and then I thought that I must remove the cardan but luckily fingers reached and the nut turned
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X