No announcement yet.

Small Urs6 project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're did you source these parts and what part numbers did you use? I know there are threads on here about it but their sometimes seems to be conflicting information.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by maiks View Post
      After changing the bushings, there was a very strong vibration coming on back of the car.
      Took wheels off and they seemed to be curved. Bought new ones. Still vibrated.
      Double check every thing, still nothing, until I found cardan cross moving about 2-3mm. After that I remembered that old diff bushes were super crappy when I removed them. So probably cardan vibrated before too, but i didn't feel it..
      A little searching and some smarter persons seemed to know that Ford Scorpio inner constant velocity joint is the same as urs6 cardan top and end. So I changed both ones and vibration was gone. No cardan cross moving anymore.
      Maybe this info is useful to someone.
      Yes it is useful ford part numbers maybe?
      Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
      Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
      Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• I threw away the package... So I don't know part nr right now... When I go to the store then I'll ask and let you know..

Comment

• Cherrs

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
            Cherrs

Part nr is VKJA 8688 SKF

Comment

• Little things on the car done...

Watermeth gauge added

Decorated the trunk a little...
              OEM carpet was filled with oil so its in recycle bin. Need to make new one. (when someone have OEM in good condition and good price, then I am interested)
              Also added spare wheel.
              Fixed one thing that I don't understand. Why the hell someone thought that it is very good to have battery under back seat.. I know that cars are burned because of that... So I moved it to trunk. Safe and easy access
              Some extra weight what I hope I should never use is also added (fire extinguisher).
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by maiks View Post
                Little things on the car done...

Watermeth gauge added
                I like this, any pictures of process of making one? I have AFR and boost gauge I'm thinking of mounting there at some point?
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                  I like this, any pictures of process of making one? I have AFR and boost gauge I'm thinking of mounting there at some point?
                  No but it is still loose so I can make more pictures if you want..
                  Making is very easy! Take cardboard, cut it to shape. Then mark it to plywood. Cut it out, try to make some correction and if it fits, then let someone put the leather on and ready it is
                  Last edited by maiks; 29 April 2016, 04:47.

Comment

• New brake lines again, will see how much difference does it make.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• A little update..
                      I don't have much time at summer but little things are done...

Searching mushrooms..

Baking frog (don't know how it happened)

Gear change overhaul...

I am very pleased with the results.

Also new red coil packs

Now there is spark on low rpm also!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• All the time I had problems with ex to turbo sealing.
                        I thought that bolts were getting loose so that's why sealing burned out.
                        So it happened again after 300 km
                        So that was enough, I took turbo off to see what is wrong.
                        And surprise surprise brand new holset flange wasn't straight.

(Third sealing what burned out)

Better than before (don't have old picture)
                        Also I bought new knock sensors. Because the car acted a little weird and I think that they were original. Making date was 1995 and made by siemens.
                        New ones are bosch.

Feels better but something is still wrong.. Must make pressure test, I think there is a leak somewhere...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Photo stolen and modified and added to my G61 and G66 knock sensor post (note: installation torque = 20 Nm (15 lb-ft)

G61 and G66 Knock Sensor info:
                          http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21047.phtml

Thanks for posting Maiks
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            Photo stolen and modified and added to my G61 and G66 knock sensor post (note: installation torque = 20 Nm (15 lb-ft)

G61 and G66 Knock Sensor info:
                            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21047.phtml

Thanks for posting Maiks
                            You are welcome!

Comment

• Today I made pressure test.
                              Results were bad, it leaks everywhere.. 2 months ago it was all fine.
                              Bypass valve leaked, fuel pressure regulator leaked, wastegate leaked (rubber line was burned), also intake to ecu leaked...
                              Tomorrow I'll change all vacuum lines... old rubber is hard and clamp tightening won't help.

Comment

• Some pictures of new vacuum lines.

Also new fuel pressure regulator..

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X