Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
    Interesting.

Like the wide scope of your work on the car.

Enjoying the thread.

Thanks for continuing to share / post.

Thanks!!

Comment

• Big thanks to Dave!
      http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/18657.phtml

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by maiks View Post
        After 20 years, nails have done pretty awful job.
        A little plastidip and like new again Will see for how long it lasts..

Looks good! Is there a secret to removing the metal door pulls from the plastic pieces? I remember trying to work out how to do it without cutting, but I couldn't see a way..?

Comment

• I wasn't pleased with one painted item, so I took it off, removed plastidip and made some pictures for you..
          Hope it helps.

Attached Files

Comment

• Changing the cabin filter took longer than I thought.. Needed a little fresh paint.

Old plastic mesh was broken, so I put new metal one..

Attached Files

Comment

• Nice. I use Hameritte black mat on mine
              1-2-4-5-3

Comment

• Originally posted by igor136 View Post
                Nice. I use Hameritte black mat on mine
                I used powdercoating service

Comment

• Originally posted by maiks View Post
                  I wasn't pleased with one painted item, so I took it off, removed plastidip and made some pictures for you..
                  Hope it helps.
                  AHA!

Thanks!

Comment

• Today I replaced engine and gearbox mounts... It was easier then I thought.

Before. I had four engine mounts

After. Big thanks to Forum user AnLe for a good stuff!!

Attached Files

Comment

• Would be interested to know how much stiffer than standard you find these mounts ?

Thanks as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                        Would be interested to know how much stiffer than standard you find these mounts ?

Thanks as ever.

Ask again in summer then I can tell..

Comment

• Quick how to change cabinfilter urs6

First remove wipers (marked red), by pulling them out
                          You can also remove other bolts (marked orange), or do it later, no difference..

Pull out the plastic what You usually use for holding tools
                          There should be sealing to avoid water going to wrong place.

If you did not remove the bolts marked orange, then do it now and pull metal sheet out...
                          Under that, there is plastic again (I just pulled it out, comes very easily). There are few clamps what need to be removed before putting plastic back. (I removed clamps when plastic was off because they are quite close to window glass and I didn't want to brake it.)

There are three more bolts and that's all...

And here it is.

And when you do all this job and find out that there is no cabinfilter.. Don't worry, lots of c4 cars don't have... At least you can remove leaves and other crap under there...

And back together.

Attached Files

Comment

• Some things done again..
                            I had problems with abs. every time I turn ignition on, pops (!) on dash.
                            Rubber that was around the wires, was broken and that's why everything was very corroded, because water passed to abs pump. I changed the wires and cleaned pins. Little time and (!) was back in the business.
                            I cleaned again and again, but nothing helped.. So I searched the new abs pump and changed it...

One brake line didn't want to come loose

New brake line

[img]http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=61265&stc=1&d=14825036 71[img]

And one more thing that I discovered later.. Abs negative wire was a little loose and corroded, so I cleaned those also.

Right now there is no (!) light, will see what happens the day i'll go driving.

One thing is also bothering me, I can't understand why brake pads light are also active... I don't have pads with sensors at the moment, so I removed wire under the hood.. But wires are separated, so the light should not turn on... Any thoughts?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• AFAIK wires needs to be tied together in order to get rid of the brake pad warning light in Autocheck display. I got rid of it all completely, took my instrument cluster out and connected signal wire straight to the ground in the back of cluster. See more here: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/130344.phtml

Comment

• Originally posted by tekstil View Post
                                AFAIK wires needs to be tied together in order to get rid of the brake pad warning light in Autocheck display. I got rid of it all completely, took my instrument cluster out and connected signal wire straight to the ground in the back of cluster. See more here: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/130344.phtml
                                But when wires go to brake pads, then they are not connected until pads wear and brake disk connects them and then the light should turn on... That was I thinking and that's why I separated them... But maybe I am wrong that's why I asked..

Comment

Working...
                                X