Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha best plates on one of these lol

Comment

Thanks lads. It does seem appropriate. Slightly offensive for the foreigner with the noisy cars
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Congratulations Noel!

It's great to see you've finally gotten the car on the road....

Nice plate by the way.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Cheers Kit. And hats off to you because it wouldn't have made it to Finland without your work first
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

Cheers mate,.

It's a cracking base car to tidy up and enjoy, yeah it has a few little niggles and dents but it's never been wrapped around a tree or jacked up by a retard unlike my S2 which has dented sills.

How are you finding the exhaust? I thought it sounds pretty cool when you give it some welly but is nice and quite when cruising along and I'm sure the car went better after I fitted it which makes me think one of the boxes was starting to collapse internally.

It took a bit of fitting as it was a custom system from a 10V car, I did get the tail pipes perfectly central but the the rubber hangers sagged over the year it was stood and it moved a little to the right.

Comment

that sucks balls mate. Kwikfit did that once to one of my coupes and I didn't notice until I got home. I went straight back and the manager basically told me to f*** off because I'd left the premises and could have done it myself.
              This car looks like someone has started to do it at one side and realised their error because I can see from underneath the dent, but thankfully it's not noticeable otherwise.

I really like the exhaust actually. You're right, it's totally quiet when idling or at low revs but when I boot it there's a nice rasp. It doesn't drone like my big mo'fo' milltek on the A4, which is nice. I'm not surprised the car felt faster because the original exhaust looked like one decent puddle would have dissolved it

I know it took a bit of effort and welding to get it done right but it's obviously been done well I noticed the rubber hangers have started to degrade and bought a couple of replacements recently but they were too big so I need to get smaller rings and fit them to get it perfectly back in the middle. Obviously I was focused on getting it road legal first though so thankfully that's all good now and I can move on to the various small jobs that need doing.

I'm comfortable enough with the seating just now but I had a problem with a tall passenger the other day so I think I'll need to get a couple of standard coupe seat frames and fit those instead of the original mk3 golf frames so they can be adjusted a bit.

After a couple of days nipping about in it I'm wondering if the clutch is ok or if I need to change a snub mount, engine mounts etc because there's that clunk when I pull my foot off the accelerator quickly. I remember you said when you changed the diff mounts it helped a lot. I wonder what else needs done though? Obviously I'd rather not do the clutch but if I have to then I need to
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

awesome. coupe is running and sorted out and now I have an intermittent oil pressure warning on the A4
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Yeah no doubt it was crappy garages like Kwick Fit that dented my sills, the damage has been there since I got the car.

I doubt the clutch is causing the clunk, after I'd changed the knackered side mounts on the diff the drive train seemed pretty good and I didn't notice anything untoward whilst I was driving it.

The car would have had a really good shaking on it's way over to Germany so I'd look at changing the snub mount, gearbox mounts and the centre rear diff mount. Their all cheap to buy and easy to fit with the exception of the centre diff mount which is a bit of a fiddle.

I know it's hard to pin point where noises on a moving vehicle but have you any idea where the cluck is coming from?

The intermittent oil pressure warning on you A4 is most likely a sender going bad, what are they like to get at?

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                    any idea where the cluck is coming from?
                    Don't you expect to hear clucks from inside a coop?
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                      Don't you expect to hear clucks from inside a coop?

Kit - thanks for the tips. I think doing those bushes is good idea as a matter of course. Maybe in a couple of months, when I can do so in a t-shirt with a cool breeze blowing gently across my face and the sound of neighbours cutting their grass...... rather than now, lying on an icy garage floor with a heater pulled as close as possible without setting myself on fire

I haven't managed to work out the clunk yet, where it's coming from I mean. sounds are also masked by the snow when I'm out and about, which makes things difficult.

Another odd one.. The centre console feels bloody freezing and at times when it's REALLY cold and i'm doing a half decent speed I can feel an icy draft around there. So I'll need to take that out and see if someone has removed the insulation or carved a tunnel or something. one more task for the list

I'm nit sure about the A4 oil pressure senor. The fact that it comes and goes makes me feel (hope) that it's not catastrophic. I was thinking it might be the mesh filter in the bottom of the sump is clogged, if it's anything like the issues commonly faced by the 1.8T owners. Or... it could be a lot of things I guess. I don't have the capacity to test the pressure myself so I'm considering giving it to a garage to check. I'll just need to hope it doesn't turn into something huge and laborious. Dumping 6L of decent oil out is going to be expensive enough as a starter.
                      1990 CQ20v

Comment

messed around with the interior trims a bit. Thread here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...736#post902736
                        Thoughts anyone? Should I wrap the other door trims? Paint them?

Everything's developing rather slowing with the car. Too much work, need to prioritise my kids first.. got frigging pneumonia. But the calendar says summer is coming so bring it on!
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

Summer wheels and tyres fitted today. the 17" Boleros look huge compared to the standard 15" speedlines Thanks to Kit for the lip polishing job
                          Weather is **** so the car is very dirty.
                          New clocks ordered from ebay so I can change the wonky rev counter and dead clock lcd.
                          Remote central locking kit ordered so I'll fit that while I'm changing the locks (currently they don't match but I have a full set to fit).
                          Need a set of door rubbers now.
                          And i'm thinking about fitting the lowering springs I have in the garage once the weather is good.. and assuming I ever have actual free time. And if I don't die of this fcking pneumonia that's making me feel like a new born baby giraffe.
                          I'm thinking about attempting hydro dipped carbon effect on my interior trims so I've basically stopped half way through. It would make sense to do this while I have the door cards off AGAIN to do the locks.

1990 CQ20v

Comment

It really needs a V6 front bumper too. I just can't accept the standard one
                            1990 CQ20v

Comment

Noooooooooooo stock 3B CQ bumper = best!

Comment

well... an S2 bumper with headlight washers would definitely be best, but i'd settle for a V6 bumper if the price is good
                                The bumper on the car is ok but I do like the "fat lip" look. And perhaps controversially.. I don't really like the RS2 bumper
                                Give me a fat lip any time. no... wait....
                                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                                X