No announcement yet.

Touching up Miss Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I'm not the only loony then? Noice!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1990 CQ20v
    2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

• No probably not the only loon. As it's always said, mad as a box off frogs would imply more than the two of you . I think it would look good although I don't want to encourage you .

Comment

• My coupe has the light grey/fawn(?) type coloured cloth and I was thinking Burberry would be a close colour match......but VERY CHAVVY !

......but as the car is Tornado Red then I think a red tartan would do.........total opposite to the Burberry though!

But if it's good enough for Jackie Stewart............

Comment

• Originally posted by LSG
          No probably not the only loon. As it's always said, mad as a box off frogs would imply more than the two of you . I think it would look good although I don't want to encourage you .
          Hahaha. Roughly translated as, “I’d like to see someone else do it first in case it’s shit”

Actually I wouldn’t think twice if it wasn’t for the fact that I may have to let the coupe go if I change jobs in the near future and end up trading a house with double garage for a flat and city living. Damn, damn, damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

• Originally posted by John.
            My coupe has the light grey/fawn(?) type coloured cloth and I was thinking Burberry would be a close colour match......but VERY CHAVVY !

......but as the car is Tornado Red then I think a red tartan would do.........total opposite to the Burberry though!

But if it's good enough for Jackie Stewart............
            Hell yeah. Sod the Burberry. It may look good but the chav connotations wouldn’t be worth the risk I’d think. Embrace the tartan!!!!!!!!

1990 CQ20v

Comment

• Damn. I was just pondering the door cards again and realised that with a fabric (rather than leather) I could potentially hit upon a problem with fraying edges. Because the fabric doesn't fold behind any of the panels, the edges need to be very clean when they're tucked into the grooves around the sides and bottom. I'd hate to put in a lot of work and then find later that the edges are fraying.Hmm. I think I may proceed with the leather door cards after all, and decide on the headliner soon.
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj View Post
                .......I may have to let the coupe go if I change jobs in the near future and end up trading a house with double garage for a flat and city living. Damn, damn, damn.
                You've put a lot into that car, might storing it for a while be an option?

Comment

• Yeah, definitely matey. It will be a case of finding affordable storage and convincing my missus that storing it is better than selling it. You know how it is I’m sure. The ladies just don’t quite understand usually. Even if it’s pretty much my only vice these days (I don’t drink or smoke any more).

1990 CQ20v

Comment

• Just redone my door cards in my Coupe. Cleaned off as you did but then removed the vinyl layer in the area of the material only to get to the ABS moulding. This was because the high temp adhesives do not work well on vinyl or upvc as the plastisors in them attack the adhesive. I used a 3mm closed cell foam backing but as your leather will be thicker 2mm would be better to tuck into the external groove . i also redid my headlining using grey foam backed Milano from AS-fabrics. Looks good as it matches the trim colour and leather seats.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by k6kid View Post
                      i also redid my headlining using grey foam backed Milano from AS-fabrics. Looks good as it matches the trim colour and leather seats.
                      Any tips on re-doing the headcloth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj View Post
                        You know how it is I’m sure. The ladies just don’t quite understand usually.
                        I'm talking of selling one and my wife says just keep it !.........although she understands they make me happy !

Comment

• It's not tartan but I've been very nostalgic for the late '70s Capri check seats and door cards- my favourite was a predominantly red check- contrasted nicely with black vinyl. One of my many Capris was a red 2.0S with this interior

Comment

• Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                            One of my many Capris was a red 2.0S with this interior
                            ......F##king show off

Comment

• Originally posted by mackenzie50
                              It's not tartan but I've been very nostalgic for the late '70s Capri check seats and door cards- my favourite was a predominantly red check- contrasted nicely with black vinyl. One of my many Capris was a red 2.0S with this interior
                              They’re worth silly money now eh? You could get one for 100 quid at one time.

Born and raised in Ilford Essex within spitting distance of Dagenham but I’ve never owned a Capri.. had most of the rest though lol
                              Once had a 100E Pop, made it out of 2, 20 quid each

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post

........I'm considering the same, just headcloth though.
                                Cultural head-lining... tremendous idea - anything is better than god awful factory beige
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X