No announcement yet.

Touching up Miss Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying it failed, but a relief it is not anything too serious.

Is the reflector in the headlight ok?

CV boot is an easy fix, hopefully just fire a new clip on.

New wings come without side repeater holes, you can get new indicators on ebay for about £10 in orange, clear, smoked.
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Check the headlight bulb is good and that it's properly seated, otherwise it might be a bad reflector although the lights look ok in the pics in the first post.

I have some spare headlight reflectors and side repeaters you can have, I replied in your other post.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

I would definitely fit them in the right position higher up the wing, much less hassle and it will look right..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Check the headlight bulb is good and that it's properly seated, otherwise it might be a bad reflector although the lights look ok in the pics in the first post.

I have some spare headlight reflectors and side repeaters you can have, I replied in your other post.
          That's awesome, thanks. I think the reflectors are ok.. or were. maybe i've just done something daft when I fitted the new bulbs? they're brand new night breakers so they should be ok. of course that's no guarantee so I'll check tomorrow when I get a chance.

I'll PM you about the spares
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
            Check the headlight bulb is good and that it's properly seated.
            i reckon the bulb isn't seated so its basically out of focus...

Side repeaters... personal preference but I'd go with oval smoked in place of audi logo on wing trim...
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I think/hope it's something daft that i've done in a hurry when tired and cold. It's -27 again and takes a good 3 hours to heat the garage to something bearable so I might just wait for next week, when we'll go up to a toasty -10
              Newsh has kindly offered me spare reflectors if I need them, although I don't know if B4 headlight reflectors would fit my B3 headlights??

I've posted pictures of my A4 lenses here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...d=1#post890556
              and am hoping SteveH can show me a picture of his side repeaters mounted in place of the audi badges on the wing trims.

Wish I had a nice, big, bright garage like the test centre. and a fancy lift would be good too
              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Bummer, but at least it's nothing too serious...

I've had to retrofit side repeaters to a couple of cars, I think they have to be above a certain height so I'd put them as close to OE as a tape measure allows. If you need dimensions, no problem I can get them from my Coupe.

Sods law dictates I gave away a set of B3 headlights with mint reflectors but broken mounts to someone on CA a year or so ago, B4 lights are shorter.

I think have a couple of side rep looms knocking about, will have a look this evening.

How long have you got to sort out the faults for the retest?
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

****. that's unlucky about the B3 lights you gave away but hey ho. you're not psychic as far as I'm aware
                  If you have a couple of side repeater looms kicking about that could be really handy. Do you remember where they plug into? I have a feeling the wires pop out through the inner wings and then run down to join the main lighting loom. My memory isn't that reliable these days though so I could be spectacularly wrong.

I just sent the MOT document to the customs agency because they needed the CO2 readings etc to make their assessment. That was very late so hopefully they are cool with what I sent. I have a couple of weeks to make the changes/fixes and go back for inspection but I'd like to do it as soon as possible just to get everything signed off and stamped.

What I may do is buy bulb holders and make up the wires, then if I can get the OEM looms I can fit those later instead.

should be a lot warmer tomorrow thank god. -27 today, -13 tomorrow.
                  1990 CQ20v

Comment

OK, side repeaters fitted http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...963#post892963

Headlight beam pattern resolved (dodgy bulb, not reflector thankfully)
                    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...965#post892965

CV boot was indeed loose. the plastic cable tie had snapped

So I replaced it with a nice metal one.
                    I'll be off to do the restest tomorrow morning I think.
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Glad to see your nearly there Noel, so all being well you'll have the car on the road this week....at last!

Best of luck with the test
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yeah it's been a lot of faffing about while I've had a lot of other stuff going on work wise mate. I would have just mothballed the car for a while if the MOT wasn't tied to the import. So I was kind of forced to get my **** together. All being well the car will be fully legal with Finnish plates soon.
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

at long last.. the car is now Finnish
                          It passed the retest no problem and I received its new plates. I have to confess I laughed out loud when I got them because i'm completely childish.

1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by Nj View Post
                            I laughed out loud when I got them because i'm completely childish.
                            F*** U 2

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                              F*** U 2
                              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Congratulations.

Nice plate.....
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X