X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post

Lovely project. It's nice to see someone giving such quality attention to a C4.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

Nice car

Have you done any upgrades to the engine yet?

Chiptuning for extra power and to kill the dual mass flywheel

Comment

Well done Petu, you've excelled yourself in your efforts.

Comment

Big thanks to everyone who have responded. It gives encouragement to go on and improve.

Originally posted by macspring View Post
            Astounding.

As good as mdz's thread, and that's saying something.

Love everything you've done including the window trim changes.

The only things I would have done differently is 255/40/17 tyres, black brake calipers and Bilstein shocks with H&R 29800 springs with Albert's front arb mounts to increase castor.

While stating the above as things I'd pick out, there are many many more items that you've done that are brilliant and the end result is stunning given what you've had to do.

Thanks for sharing. Made my day, puts the work necessary on my UrS6 into perspective.

Enjoy.
            Thank you for your response and good words.

I chose 225/45 because I was a little concerned of fuel consumption(I drive 20k km a year) and how the car would handle with 255 width tires and also I was using A6 struts when I was fitting the wheels so 225 was the widest I could fit at that time. 255/40 tires would look much better also I guess. I could use some opinions how the 255/40 wheels feel under C4. I am considering buying something wider as my next set of tires.

The colour of brake calipers I was considering black/gray/red/yellow and decided to go with something more eye catching.

Lower ride height would look better but I needed the car to stay comfort and practical since it is a daily driver so I decided to stick with factory sports suspension. I would love to see her sitting lower. I have been thinking of doing some coilovers so I can change the ride height since we get quite a lot snow in the winter.

My friend started playing snow plow with his quattro.

The quattro's like soft snow.

How did you remove the old black plastic sill trims and what did you use to put them back?

Thanks.
            I used a heatgun and some plastic prying tools and tons of patience. Next time I would try to penetrate the double sided tape with boiling water, not sure if it's a good idea. Not the nicest job.

Nice car

Have you done any upgrades to the engine yet?
            Just chiptuned, I have been thinking of getting a decent tune in dyno.
            Otherwise trying to get it running as good as possible.
            The best tuning here would be AAN.

Cleaning the injection pump head.

All the debris that has come with years.

ATTENTION! If you are allergic to DIESEL do not scroll down. I guess these should be censored in this S forum but you have been warned.

Cleaning the diesel injector nozzles. A bad nozzle.

A good one.

Some good bits and pieces.

Hochspannung

Comment

I see your point re the size of the tyres given the annual mileage, but more so snow in the winter season.

And the same good reasons for sticking with the oem sports suspension - mileage and the snow.

The colour of the brake calipers, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Kind regards.

Comment

Superb thread and fantastic upgrades and dedication to sorting your big A6 out also looks if it can handle he snow lol!!! Well done

Comment

Once you finish being student, put a proper engine in there.

Keep on going bro, not that many C4's left out there.

Comment

Was it enough only to clean the injector nozzles?

Comment

s6

One nice daily that is
                      Urs6 avant nogaro
                      s2 avant

Comment

Great looking car

Comment

Practical big bus.......Like it!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                            Once you finish being student, put a proper engine in there.

Keep on going bro, not that many C4's left out there.
                            Let's say I have had some ideas.

Originally posted by Joop View Post
                            Was it enough only to clean the injector nozzles?
                            Joop, sometimes it helps flushing the nozzles with bigger quantities and higher pressures. I had some spare injectors so I made the best set of them and flushed them. I did it because one of the cylinders started misfiring/not firing when warm. Flushing did not help for that nozzle. I will try to bathe it sometime in some cleaner to see if I can get it working. Some people say that the factory nozzles do not wear out, just need cleaning. A new set of decent nozzles like Bosio Fratelli's might be the best solution. Other car in the family is testing out the Bosio's. Seems to be working good but they are kinda pricey.

I also added some weight to make the car more quiet and comfortable.

And i covered it with this wavy and soft insulator where there was room. I think the best result gave me the doors. Hardly any studded tire noise coming in after fitting them. Big difference.

That NOISY Cd-box.

S6 strutbar still to be fitted.
                            I also retrofitted the "+" battery terminal since my car came without it because of the missing AC system I guess. So I changed the whole battery wiring to starter with original one that has the "+" terminal. (Yep I'm crazy )

Comment

I have Bosio PP520's in mine, it goes quite well, smokes a bit under heavy acceleration, but still get good MPG. I also need to fix the prop shaft as it vibrates under heavy acceleration.
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Stunning C4 Avant!
                                BEST colour bar none!!! (Red next best )
                                1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                                1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                                BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Working...
                                X