• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sing.../lang/e#sec_25
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

It is from an UrS4 Avant, also some 100 C4 Avant Quattros had them. Ridiculously rare item
      Last edited by radi_nrj; 1 March 2017, 12:02.

Comment

BiXenon lights

Yes, it is mostly found on early UrS4 Avant cars. Personally I have seen these glasses only on 2 Avant hatches.

Here are some pics of my 4TL-R Bixenon projector retrofit. The pictures are taken in the middle of building, forgot to take pics before final assembling. I grinded a lot of from the top of the custom bracket and projector frame all the way to the small nut because fitting issues. I used plastic nuts in the end to prevent anything coming loose. I added some washers to the lower fittings to give it a better hold.

Looking quite OEM. Despite the fact the new projector glass is clear instead of blurry white.

Washers added later to both sides for better grip.

This is only one headlight fitted.
        Here you can see how much the high beams improved since the halogen high beam lightens only a small hot spot while the projector covers much bigger area. Does not look very big on the garage door but gives a huge difference out on the roads.

In conclusion these projectors are easy to fit. I did not make any cuts to the original original reflector and it looks pretty OEM.

Since the projectors and the bulbs(Osram NB Unlimited) are brand new the lightning improved a lot. Cut off is much more visible now and switching to full beam is a JOY!

Comment

Thanks for the update re the 'hybrid' dipped beam projectors.

Try LED bulbs in your high beam.

TECHMAX LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H1 -7,200Lm 60W 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty

I know I've been on about them a bit yesterday, but I'm still impressed each and every time I use main or dip. Inexpensive to try also.

Good enough for me to shelve doing what you did to your headlights with the better dipped beam ellipsoid.

Notwithstanding the above, very helpful photos and good video clip.

Comment

That color...keep going man.

Comment

Hello,

Is the roof sky for the glass sunroof the same as for the metal sunroof?

Thank you.

Comment

The headlining/dachhimmel/roof upholestry (sorry no french ) is the same. I used it from a car with steel roof and put it together with glass roof and it works, so i can say it is the same.

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

Comment

Just re-read the whole thread, brilliant work. Any updates ?

Best wishes.

Comment

IF you insist.
                      I guess this project will never end so I have am up to some stuff yes. But meanwhile I have been enjoying the car purposely.

Comment

This is the latest improvement - I just hated the old and worn mirror switch for my electric folding mirrors. It made the interior look much worse although I have quite nice bits there. Anyways I did not get a perfect one or new one(NLA) but it is much better. If anyone has a perfect one.....let me know.
                        With that swapping one of my climate control bulbs went out - the 0.9W one and it is nearly impossible to find a replacement for that so I had a small win when I found a working one from one of units that I have for spare.
                        filedata/fetch?id=2023030&d=1523046351&type=thumb
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 3 photos.
                        Last edited by Petu; 6 April 2018, 22:05.

Comment

Some shots on the ice track filedata/fetch?id=2023040&d=1523048944&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=2023039&d=1523048636&type=thumb
                          filedata/fetch?id=2023038&d=1523048635&type=thumb
                          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Can you tell a little bit more about the folding mirrors?
                            Switch and mirrors I never saw somewhere :-(

"quattro" rear window I have meanwhile for my S4 :-D

Comment

This is still untold story yes. But I have fitted A8 D2 Facelift mirrors with the folding and memory function. I left out the auto dimming because the mirror glasses are ridiculously expensive.

filedata/fetch?id=2023127&d=1523134320&type=thumb
                              This is how a stock C4 folding mirrors look like - as you can see the spring is hidden inside the folding motor housing. In the end I could not use any parts from the stock system.

filedata/fetch?id=2023132&d=1523134320&type=thumb

A8 D2 FL mirror without the glass that I started fitting

filedata/fetch?id=2023123&d=1523134319&type=thumb Little closer look

filedata/fetch?id=2023125&d=1523134319&type=thumb
                              The A8 mirror base has a microswitch where that little hole is so I fitted it to C4 also although I was not 100% sure how it was working for the folding system but it started working perfectly.

filedata/fetch?id=2023126&d=1523134319&type=thumb
                              The C4 base with the hole ready.

filedata/fetch?id=2023124&d=1523134319&type=thumb On the left is C4 non electrically folding mirror and on the right is the A8 mirror. That's what I ended up building together in the end. As you can see the C4 mirror has much lower mounting for the mirror.

filedata/fetch?id=2023128&d=1523134320&type=thumb And that's why I could not fit a proper spring in there and then I put a tight fit O ring there and put it together. I am still pretty surprised how they are holding. After 3 years it has been working without issues - no vibrations or problems with folding. And also the D2 FL mirrors give much better view.
                              That's how I built my mirrors.
                              Attached Files
                              This gallery has 8 photos.
                              Last edited by Petu; 8 April 2018, 21:09.

Comment

Dafuq, a lot of work. And which car the switch is from?

Comment

Working...
                                X