• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah. ok
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
      Your setup is right but there has been some problems with the eboost2 manual it shows an incorrect diagram of how to connect the solenoid.

We also discussed it in your thread

Correct setup is one of these two choices:

Dual port Method 1 - Correct version

When OFF air will flow turbo to bottom part of WG since port 1 is closed. At the same time port 2-3 will be open and wenting the air from the upper WG chamber to athmosphere.

When ON air will flow from port 1-2 and port 3 will be closed.

Dual port Method 2 - Correct version

When OFF air will flow from port 2-3 which means that the lower WG chamber wont see any air at all. Now in my understanding this is bad since it can potentially overspin the turbo?

When ON air will flow from port 1-2 to the upper WG champer.

In the Eboost2 manual the diagram for the Dual port method 2 is wrong. I have attached pictures from the Eboost2 manual v. 3.16:

Method 1 in eboost2 manual - The same as method 1 above - Correct Version works the same way.

Method 2 in eboost2 manual - WRONG VERSION

When OFF air will flow from port 2-3 and actually this is safer then method 2 mentioned above. Since this will keep turbo at spring pressure if solenoid fails or stays OFF.

However when ON air will flow from port 1-2 which is the same as the method 2 mentioned above. However when it closes again the air will be trapped between the upper WG chamber and port 1. The air don't have anywhere to go and I believe this is what gave me boost spikes. I mean when you start in 3rd gear it is ok but when you shift to 4th gear your once again trying to put more air into the upper chamber.

Found this, going to try it, and see if it works out...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Audiboys4; 20 March 2013, 22:40.
      Audi Rs2
      Audi A3 Sportback
      Ducati 1098R

Comment

Originally posted by Audiboys4 View Post
        Found this, going to try it, and see if it works out...
        That is basically the same as "Method 1 in eboost2 manual" just with a 2 port so the vent is in the tube.
        1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Originally posted by Mcstiff View Post
          That is basically the same as "Method 1 in eboost2 manual" just with a 2 port so the vent is in the tube.
          Crap, posted the wrong one.

The one I found was almost the same as method 2, but with a vent between the solenoid and the upper chamber on the WG. Guess this way you avoid pressure building up in the upper chamber. Curios of have well this works. i am going to try it with pneumatic lines and making a tiny hole in the line on the upper chamber...
          Audi Rs2
          Audi A3 Sportback
          Ducati 1098R

Comment

Ok, yeah that makes sense.

I'm running "method 1" but still trying to find spool, granted the Holset is not a k24, but I seem to be zeroing in on a stable target without overshoot.
            1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

Playing with the PID on the boost settings will give you high differences in spool. Keep trying!

Comment

Working...
              X