This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**double post, can't figure out how to delete it sorry **
    Last edited by loxxrider; 18 October 2010, 23:19.

Comment

post the links up
      hopefully the mods will do this a sticky

Comment

whats a good place to host them?

Comment

Go advanced reply here on the forum. Make a zip of every file and attach them to your post.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

alright will do as soon as I get home to my tuning computer and get a chance to find the files.

Comment

Hmm I went to upload the vems config and it wouldn't take it. I don't know if you can actually do this or not, but I changed the filename to a .txt and then attached it. Hopefully you can change it to .vemscfg and use it?

OK here is my latest map for the FIC 1100's and the Holset H1C/HX35. Its pretty rough to be honest because I haven't had any time to tune it other than making it driveable and very safe on boost. Only tuned to like 230 kPa so far also. The other thing is that for some reason the map has a huge hump in fuel in it around 3k. I have no idea why. Timing is pretty decent, but not aggressive at all. It could use a few degrees all over to make max power.

I'll have the time to perfect it later this year. Until then I have to focus on studies!
              Attached Files

Comment

...and here is one for 1.1.27 (.msq) for a stock 3b on stock injectors, but with individual coils. This one has the boost set pretty low to diagnose a misfire at the time (unrelated to the tune) but has been tested up to about 20psi.

Remember these configs are not going to work for everyone on every car. The fuel and timing maps are most useful. Neither should be used without first monitoring everything carefully as I don't know how the individual differences in cars will affect the net result.
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the posts!

i have more to come soon!

Comment

Originally posted by loxxrider View Post
                    Hmm I went to upload the vems config and it wouldn't take it. I don't know if you can actually do this or not, but I changed the filename to a .txt and then attached it. Hopefully you can change it to .vemscfg and use it?

OK here is my latest map for the FIC 1100's and the Holset H1C/HX35. Its pretty rough to be honest because I haven't had any time to tune it other than making it driveable and very safe on boost. Only tuned to like 230 kPa so far also. The other thing is that for some reason the map has a huge hump in fuel in it around 3k. I have no idea why. Timing is pretty decent, but not aggressive at all. It could use a few degrees all over to make max power.

I'll have the time to perfect it later this year. Until then I have to focus on studies!
                    Nice, couple of helpful observations

you have a couple of channel conflicts in that map boost and boost alternate have been mapped to be on the same channel.

also you map filter settings is set as 1 map sample per trigger!

change that to 10 my original value was 4 but found 10 was way beter

Some other I5 guys have used 2 trigger numer counts, but I've seen no difference.

Are you not running EGO because your tuning?

Your req_fuel is too high for the size of the injectors, this is reflected in your VE table never going near 100 in value

If you were to reduce the req_fuel and increase the VE by the same multiplication factor you would use a lot less fuel and also smooth out the engine
                    Last edited by Jamo; 20 October 2010, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                      Nice, couple of helpful observations

you have a couple of channel conflicts in that map boost and boost alternate have been mapped to be on the same channel.

Do you mean the Secondary PWM settings? Is that for an alternative boost setting on a switch? or is that just for switching from closed to open loop? Sorry, I really don't know anything outside of just using the boost ref dc table for my open loop and use the PID settings for my closed loop. Seems to work fine?

MAP as in MAP sensor? My logging sampling rate is rather low. I see 12 Hz at best typically. Not sure if this is related to what you are talking about at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I don't know where to find this setting to be honest.

change that to 10 my original value was 4 but found 10 was way beter

Some other I5 guys have used 2 trigger numer counts, but I've seen no difference.

Are you not running EGO because your tuning?

If you mean EGO as in closed loop fuel control, I don't really believe in or trust it. I have thought of using it to make tuning a little easier, but its something I haven't tried out yet. The car runs pretty nicely without it though.

Your req_fuel is too high for the size of the injectors, this is reflected in your VE table never going near 100 in value

If you were to reduce the req_fuel and increase the VE by the same multiplication factor you would use a lot less fuel and also smooth out the engine

Right, I have also considered doing this to have 100% when I come into boost. However, I don't really understand how this will help use less fuel? Can you explain the theory here? I feel like as long as I'm getting the lambda values I want, the fuel mileage will be just as good. I'm not arguing with you, I just like learning
                      Thanks for having a look Jamo. FWIW, the car is very smooth. Its all credited to the FIC 1100's. They aren't very well known yet, but they are probably one of the best injectors on the market right now. Better than ID1000's in my opinion.

Comment

Do you mean the Secondary PWM settings? Is that for an alternative boost setting on a switch? or is that just for switching from closed to open loop? Sorry, I really don't know anything outside of just using the boost ref dc table for my open loop and use the PID settings for my closed loop. Seems to work fine?

I've never seen this work like that, I'm going to investigate that one as you have 2nd PWM settings and Boost PID on the same output channel hmm :mischeif:

MAP as in MAP sensor? My logging sampling rate is rather low. I see 12 Hz at best typically. Not sure if this is related to what you are talking about at all, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I don't know where to find this setting to be honest.

In Base Setup, ECU calibrations, change the MAP Samples Per Trigger from 1 to 10

If you mean EGO as in closed loop fuel control, I don't really believe in or trust it. I have thought of using it to make tuning a little easier, but its something I haven't tried out yet. The car runs pretty nicely without it though.

EGO is fine to use, I only have it performing changes on idle or cruise conditions, I don't believe in using it on boost, if you do a log and look at the speed of egoC it's not quick enough during acceleration IMO

Right, I have also considered doing this to have 100% when I come into boost. However, I don't really understand how this will help use less fuel? Can you explain the theory here? I feel like as long as I'm getting the lambda values I want, the fuel mileage will be just as good. I'm not arguing with you, I just like learning

At the moment your lowest value is 57 and your highest is 85, you are using 28 steps for the amount of fuel between highest and lowest value. If we say you halved you req_fuel you min would be 114 and max 190 giving you 56 steps for the amount of fuel between highest and lowest value giving you double resolution for finite fuel control

See below from EFI express

he main fuel injector sizing in megatune is controlled via the 'req fuel' parameter under Settings->Basic Settings. Larger req_fuel numbers will inject more fuel under all conditions (for smaller injectors), and smaller numbers will inject less fuel (for bigger injectors). As a guideline, set req_fuel according to the following calculation: req_fuel = 6.49 * (D / N / I) where D= engine displacement (ccs), N = number of fuel injectors, and I = injector flow rate (cc/min). To allow for finer grain fuel control I usually use 75% of this calculated number. So for an urS4 with stock injectors (280 cc/min @3 bar), req_fuel = 6.49 * (2200 / 5 / 280) = 10.2 * .75 = 7.65.

The actual req_fuel used will vary, depending on the entries made in the VE table.

Comment

OK so that calculation would put me at something like 2.6 which is reasonable.

I completely see what you mean about the resolution. I never thought about that before! Thank you

Comment

This was mine with Siemens Deka 630, LS2 Coils, but Ign. is for mine a littel bit to agressive, knocking.....

Thomas
                            Attached Files

Comment

wow there is a LOT of timing in that map! I can see why you are knocking

Comment

i will have a look at home.cant see the file from work. what pistons are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X