This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Deer! (new bomb?)

Well, whilst driving into work this morning, I was about 6 inches from having one of those new-fangled Deer to air intercoolers on the front of the S2. I'm not sure what the specific heat of Deer is so decided to swear VERY loudly and slam on the brakes to avoid the aforementioned modification occuring.

I'm sure that and emergency stop is in the bedding in instructions for the new pads that I've just fitted, so I'm glad that I've got that out the way...

Anyway, the reason for posting in the 'brakes section' is that just after all this occuring, the autocheck started beeping and flashing the brake warning. This struck me as not being ideal, although missing the Deer most definitely was ideal . Tried another emergeny stop a bit further down the road just to see if it would do it again... and it did.

Therefore, I think it's new bomb time in the near future. Where's a good value place to get it from?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Paul @custom autocraft, cheapest by miles i am pretty sure it's the same part as urs6

Iain

Comment

Let me know if you find one cheap Andy.My bomb's been knackered for a while now.
      The car's also done 2 laps of the Nürburgring and 6 laps of Castle Combe with the red "Achtung!" warning flashing. You just have to push the brake pedal a bit harder.
      SS

Comment

bomb

Try FEBI

www.febi.de

The FEBI site lists the part no as 14176

Dunno the price but could be cheap.

nigelm

Comment

check your power steering fliud level aswell mine did this and because the level
          was not on max as i braked heavy level went below minimum
          and up flashed the auto check
          unless my bomb is knackered too
          1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
          2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
          3. H & R SPRINGS
          4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
          5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
          6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
          7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
          8. fmic fitted

Comment

Strange that, my car has started doing the same in the last couple of days.

Comment

I think i read on here that it could be down to the cold weather affecting the pressure. Could this be right? Cant find the thread now
              3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Before you get too excited and spend more money have you tested the bomb??

Switch off.
                Pump brake pedal fully counting the number of times you can do it before the pedal goes hard
                Any number over 30 and your bomb should be find.

Check S2central for more info.

I have had the (!) upon startup for three years now, although never bomb related (!) while driving.

If you get the (!) while driving check your Brake fluid level and sensor and more likely (in my case anyway) check the PS fluid level and the sensor.

The wiring to my PS fluid level sensor can be flaky and throw a (!) every now and again...

Good luck

Cheers,

steve.
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hi jinks mines started ( ! ) in the cold mornings but i tested the stoping power and it put my face on the wind screen

Its got to be down to this cold spell
                  Chef

Comment

a hard brake pedal as well even when driving???

Comment

If the PAS belt comes loose or slips, there is no immediately no assistance for brakes or steering. BTDT.

I seems strange driving another S2 that has a working bomb, I nearly go through the windscreen when I rest my foot on the brake pedal.
                      That's what mine used to be like, but it's getting hard work trying to stop now.
                      SS

Comment

I think i will have a go at Steves test, pump it 30 times and also check the fluid levels.
                        How much is a new bomb or do i not want to no?
                        Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                          I think i will have a go at Steves test, pump it 30 times and also check the fluid levels.
                          How much is a new bomb or do i not want to no?
                          You don't want to know.

Que Parts Daddy:
                          SS

Comment

Did somebody call me? Is there an S2 in distress? Never fear Daddies here :mischeif:

A new bomb retails at £322.40 inc VAT

There is a fairly good discount code on them though. Group Buy anyone?

Ben
                            the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                            1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Originally posted by nigelm View Post
                              Try FEBI

www.febi.de

The FEBI site lists the part no as 14176

Dunno the price but could be cheap.

nigelm
                              I don't think that P/N is right. It lists it as 443 612 061 H.
                              SS

Comment

Working...
                              X