This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FEBI number is 26538

or possibly 26537 if it a really early car.

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out PD - more than one person has been caught out by the bomb variations. Think its only on really early 3B's IIRC - don't have the parts album in front of me today.

Cheers,
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant View Post
        The FEBI number is 26538

or possibly 26537 if it a really early car.

Ben
        Let me see how much that Febi part is via Mr GSF

Comment

Well it seems to pump more than 30 times but whats it ment to go like? mine just feels like 5-10mm of travel and the rest in just play on the peddle
          Chef

Comment

James. it should pump normally as if using the brake and then all of a sudden it will go very hard!

Mine takes something like 55 pumps to get hard. (said the vicar to the actress)

Cheers,

Steve
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by iain1067 View Post
              Paul @custom autocraft, cheapest by miles i am pretty sure it's the same part as urs6

Iain

I've already been in touch with Paul about bombs for the S2, he doesn't have them in stock yet, but he said they should be in by the begining of Feb. He's going to e-mail when they come in. No word on price yet but the S4 ones he has are 125euros, brand new from the factory

As soon as he gets in touch I'll let you know.
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                Mine is hard from the word go. Is that good?
                SS

Comment

Why not Just buy yer bombs from Vagparts....??
                  iirc mine cost £185 all in.

Comment

Do you get the bleep at start up as well?
                    I've had the ! bleep at start up since I bought the S2 2 years ago. The pump was noisy so I changed that - still had the warning at start up. If I do the pedal pump test immediately after switching off the engine it takes 40 odd pumps. If I leave the car for a couple of minutes, it takes 1 pump.
                    There must be a leaky valve somewhere in the system. I have a new bomb and will fit it soon and let you know.
                    There is one test that I couldn't do which was to loosen the return pipe on the servo. Apparently there is a valve in there too. I hope it's not that one that's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                      James. it should pump normally as if using the brake and then all of a sudden it will go very hard!

Cheers,

Steve
                      Cheers Steve about 50ish and mines harder than a cofin nail
                      Chef

Comment

Less than 30 pumps for mine then the thing doesn't recharge for about 5 minutes BTDT las week. I've had a couple of instances just after startup of the pedal feeling like the ABS was kicking in working and the (!) coming on, this lasts for a minute or two.

When I had an MRC health check done in Nov 05, Doug cleaned the cap on mine and the (!) went away for about a year thumbs:. There's a level switch (very simple - two plates on a shaft connected to a float) in there that gets clogged up and this can be a very common cause of (!) if the bomb test is ok...

How much do the PAS reservoirs and caps retail at Ben??

New bomb, 2ndhand PAS pump courtesy of a fellow Forum member and a new cap should shut the ****** up for at least a week...

I also found that flushing the pump and piping through with new fluid worked a treat.

I disconnected the bomb, having emptied it using the pumping method and then used a hose clamp to break the circuit between the bomb hose and reserviorbefore using a pressure bleeder to force fluid through the system and out the bomb hose into a container. What a colour the old stuff was, it was a DISGUSTING black / grey / green / metallic mess! Much better now, all green and silky but the thing still doesn't work properly .
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Deer people out for a bomb

This is a problem I've had since I've had the car. Well I say problem, its just the warning light. I see it, spend money on her to stop it. sounds weird put like that.
                          Only ever noticed a few times why the light might be on... this time.
                          A quick list of things that stoped that warning light for me:

-before I even drove it. New discs, pads, brake lines also fuild. strange it had to be done when I got it. Glad to have new though, doesn't feel like it almost year after thou
                          -almost everything for the n/s rear wheel (it was all bent after I'd danced around a tree though it was the front had the body damage)
                          -low PS fluid 3 times. repired PS pump and connecting hose (noticed a carroded oil coolent pipe at that time, bought the last new one in uk to replace it)

The dam things on again, this time the brakes make lots of buzzing noise when the ABS is pushed hard to its limits. oh wait I'll check that PS fluid again, never know you know
                          AudiManDan

Comment

New cap is about £15 or just clean the old one!
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                              I've already been in touch with Paul about bombs for the S2, he doesn't have them in stock yet, but he said they should be in by the begining of Feb. He's going to e-mail when they come in. No word on price yet but the S4 ones he has are 125euros, brand new from the factory

As soon as he gets in touch I'll let you know.
                              Andy,

Sounds like a winner Please let me know when you do.

Going off topic:- You got any pressure kits available yet?
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Got my bomb from Paul today and fitted this afternoon, it came in a febi box. I now have slightly better brake pedal than the old one, i pumped the pedal until it went solid before removing the old one but didn't get any warning light. Not a bad job to do (s6) it was a bit of a fiddle getting the pas reservoir line off , ended up forcing it off with a big screwdriver and the hard line to the brakes was a **** to get back on.

iain

Comment

Working...
                                X