This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

levels

How do we tell there is enough fluid in our system?Read this an thought would check,seen funny dipstick an thought fffff.Lol. Cheers guys
    I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

Brake bomb

HI guys I got my brake bomb re charged by( seven star garage) in england for £117 all in . and that was postage included. Ill post the address and phone no. tomorrow .

Comment

Hello people.

I too have an anomaly going on with me wheel stoppers

In the morning I get the red (!) warning with the bleep after about 300yards (30 seconds) of driving (out of our estate and onto the main road). During this time my brake peddle is very hard to press but eventually it free's off. This problem is more apparent in the mornings more so than when I get in my car to come home from work at nights. I have also noticed that at any time, if at a stand still, engine running, I press my foot hard down on the brake peddle it very slowly will go down to the floor and come back when I let off.

Any clues oh fine people that you are
        Jim B
        97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds like the bomb is on it's last legs. Do the test specified on s2central,net. Also worth flushing the fluid through a few times and making sure that the reservoir cap swithc is clean
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

sounds like bomb isn't holding pressure very well.
            My bomb doesn't work & my pedal is really hard, not a problem you just have to push it harder
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I had the issue that my pedal pulsed. I put this down to the servo seals not being quite up to scratch and thus it would assist and then not assist as the pressure pulse from the pump blew the seals a little. Some new fluid solved this a treat and that was after replacing the fluid about 5 times in my ownership! I've got a new servo to go on but it's no longer playing up.
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Thanks for the replys chaps.

Next question's
                Where do I get a Brake bomb from please in the UK - Best price?
                I have accertained, by doing the pump test, that it is indeed the bomb. I only get about 5 pumps before the peddle goes hard.
                What sort of fluid do I need to put in the PAS system after the new bomb is fitted and after a system flush?
                Where is the bloody bomb Can't seem to be able to see it from the top of the engine bay?
                Is it an easy job to do? considering I have changed my clutch on my back a couple of years back? How involved is it please?

Thanks

Jim
                Jim B
                97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

Comment

without wanting to alarm you, as its most likely the bomb indeed, i had to change 3 bombs, 1 servo and a power steering pump to find out what was wrong, and i still had problems, so in the end i got myself a vaccum servo and ditched the stupid bomb system.

The bomb is the black thing behind the main radiator sitting down at the bottom.
                  You can get one cheap from custom autocrafts for 125euro. If you have ever put the wrong power steering fluid in the car, then the saga begins.... If not, then you should be fine with the bomb change.

Comment

Ah!
                    May be an explaination of what's gorn wrong there then!! I changed the fluid out for the stuff pictured below after a seal went on the top of the PAS pump (still leaks a little now even after the seal was replaced!!) and it spewed PAS fluid all over the side of the bloody engine
                    Unfortunatly Custom Auto Craft has sold out of Bombs so that's rather annoying Good price!
                    (I need a couple of front strut bearings and these are so much cheaper that I have been quoted elsewhere.)

So, I may be in for some bother then
                    Attached Files
                    Jim B

Comment

I would change that asap to genuine Audi stuff.

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread but if you start having pulsing pedal / bomb issues try removing all the banjo bolts and blowing them out with an air line. They have small gauze filters in them which can become blocked up over time
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by smogthemog View Post
                        Ah!
                        May be an explaination of what's gorn wrong there then!! I changed the fluid out for the stuff pictured below after a seal went on the top of the PAS pump (still leaks a little now even after the seal was replaced!!) and it spewed PAS fluid all over the side of the bloody engine
                        Unfortunatly Custom Auto Craft has sold out of Bombs so that's rather annoying Good price!
                        (I need a couple of front strut bearings and these are so much cheaper that I have been quoted elsewhere.)

So, I may be in for some bother then
                        You need to get that Comma fluid out ASAP, it's not the right fluid for an Audi with a brake bomb. You need green Audi mineral fluid from a dealer or GSF who sell the Febi equivalent. At a pinch you can also use Citroen LHM fluid since that's also mineral based and you're going to need extra to flush the Comma stuff out.

Once you've done that you can see how your system performs and you may not need a new bomb just yet.......

John
                        Last edited by johne; 29 October 2011, 19:50.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the replies. Is there a procedure of draining the old Comma fluid out please as I have now got the correct fluid and want to get it changed over.

Thanks
                          Jim B

Comment

1. Get the help of a friend and about 3 litres of G004000
                            2. Take the pump feed hose off the reservoir and drain the reservoir.
                            3. Connect a length of hose to the now vacant nipple on the reservoir and feed into a bucket or large bottle.
                            4. Take a large funnel and connect to the feed hose to the pump.
                            5. Fill the funnel with clean new fluid.
                            6. Get your friend to start the car.
                            7. Keep filling the funnel until clean fluid comes out the reservoir into the bucket.
                            8. Then keep doing this for another 1 - 1.5 litres to flush all the old fluid out.
                            9. Refit everything, top up fluid.
                            10. bleed the system by turning the steering lock to lock a few times withe the engine running
                            11. Top up the fluid as necessary.
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

WOW! Thanks bud for the quick reply, much appreciated.
                              I will post how I get on.
                              Thanks again

Jim
                              Jim B

Comment

Well, it's been several weeks now since I did the fluid change and my god what a difference it's made!!!
                                Steering is perfect and the brakes!! Well, there SO MUCH better!
                                Thanks for the info lads
                                Jim B

Comment

Working...
                                X