This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello John,
    Could you remember the gross weight of a pair of E-brake Caliper plus Pads?
    Do the listerbell or GDcars offer international shipping?
    Do you know if i need to do the mods on e-brake cable end on C4 UrS6 with
    Brembo E-brake calipers?
    TIA,
    Pop
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Sure I can dig that out for you when I get a chance next week.

GD Cars deliver to the UK and used to do RoW. Not sure about Lister Bell. A friendly forum member could forward them on as a fall back
      2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
      1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

• I'm going to try and fabricate something for my b3 90 sedan/saloon. Assuming the bracket configurations from this thread won't work, what is the difference from the coupe?
        Also none of the images show holes drilled in the knuckle for mounting. Are the holes there from the factory, or are they drilled to accommodate?
        http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Comment

• Originally posted by 90/90qs View Post
          I'm going to try and fabricate something for my b3 90 sedan/saloon. Assuming the bracket configurations from this thread won't work, what is the difference from the coupe?
          Also none of the images show holes drilled in the knuckle for mounting. Are the holes there from the factory, or are they drilled to accommodate?
          The dimensions for this bracket will work for a b3 90 with 300mm rear rotors & using the Brembo handbrake caliper as listed in the parts required pdf. Reread the post & you will see that the holes are already there & that they require resizing.
          HTH, Chris
          "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Ahh sorry. Read the thread too carefully too many times. Specifically where it says "sorry coupes only, as the title states" or something like that

Anyway, I'm looking at these as an option as they would support the 22mm Rotor and are quite a bit cheaper than the AP racing option.
            I'm curious about the "hydro-mechanical" component of these though. Need to do a little more reading.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to share a cad file for the brackets(?). Just askin.

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/Cali...tion%20P-Brake

Comment

• CAD file

Originally posted by 90/90qs View Post
              Ahh sorry. Read the thread too carefully too many times. Specifically where it says "sorry coupes only, as the title states" or something like that

Anyway, I'm looking at these as an option as they would support the 22mm Rotor and are quite a bit cheaper than the AP racing option.
              I'm curious about the "hydro-mechanical" component of these though. Need to do a little more reading.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to share a cad file for the brackets(?). Just askin.

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/Cali...tion%20P-Brake
              "Coupe only", as in not B4 Avant or B4 sedan. B3 sedan should work if you have dust/rock shields on your rear brakes.
              Not hydromechanical, completely mechanical e-brake mechanism.
              NO CAD file. I made a series of templates out of Poplar & steel, then used a torch to rough cut them out of 1/2 plate steel.
              Evolution of a bracket.

Linky
              http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2348
              HTH, Chris
              Attached Files
              Last edited by A1QSHIP; 29 August 2016, 22:32.
              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
                Hello John,
                Could you remember the gross weight of a pair of E-brake Caliper plus Pads?
                Do the listerbell or GDcars offer international shipping?
                Do you know if i need to do the mods on e-brake cable end on C4 UrS6 with
                Brembo E-brake calipers?
                TIA,
                Pop
                Pop,

The specification of the Brembo 22.5882.11 caliper, which appears to be the 2015-16 version of the caliper that i used is attached. This weighs in at 1.7kg but excludes the right-angle cable pulley wheel attachment. I would estimate 2.0kg for the caliper that i used including the pads.

Cheers

JB
                Attached Files
                2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by John B View Post
                  Pop,

The specification of the Brembo 22.5882.11 caliper, which appears to be the 2015-16 version of the caliper that i used is attached. This weighs in at 1.7kg but excludes the right-angle cable pulley wheel attachment. I would estimate 2.0kg for the caliper that i used including the pads.

Cheers

JB
                  Many Thanks John.i hope i could get it done soon.
                  one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
                    "Coupe only", as in not B4 Avant or B4 sedan. B3 sedan should work if you have dust/rock shields on your rear brakes.
                    Not hydromechanical, completely mechanical e-brake mechanism.
                    NO CAD file. I made a series of templates out of Poplar & steel, then used a torch to rough cut them out of 1/2 plate steel.
                    Evolution of a bracket.

Linky
                    http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2348
                    HTH, Chris
                    Oop I looked at the picture and thought I was looking at aluminum. Just went and grabbed a 1/2" and 5/8" drop of 6061 for some bracket attempts.
                    Those Wilwiods bolt through the top so I'll have to a little experimentation.
                    Thinking aluminum is not going to cut the mustard though.

Comment

• Thought I'd resurrect an old favourite anyone got links or advice for kits to do this upgrade most of the peeps in this thread don't seem to be about much now

Comment

• I’ve got the kit on my coupe rikki i’ve also had my mild steel brackets made lighter because they was too heavy. Got a couple of spare sets if you would like a set mate.

Comment

• What do you use for additional caliber Mac? Got any pictures?
                          1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                          *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                          1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiku View Post
                            What do you use for additional caliber Mac? Got any pictures?
                            Hi Kiku Porsche Boxster s fronts with Boxster s rears on custom brackets Yes if you pm you email please or just look up this thread has plenty of detailed pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              Thought I'd resurrect an old favourite ....
                              thanks for reminding me of what I stll need to do... do you have a good source for the Brembo caliper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                                thanks for reminding me of what I stll need to do... do you have a good source for the Brembo caliper?
                                If you mean mech hb yes same guy as before on John b thread. Unless you mean Porsche Boxster brakes I also can get them depending if my friend doesn’t sell them on eBay quick as he Breaks Porsche Boxster. And (S) and sometimes odd cayman as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X