This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John B View Post
    That depends on what wheel you are running. I have an Oettinger 17" wheel and there is plenty of space at the the rear. Here is a picture: -

[ATTACH]40896[/ATTACH]

HTH
    I'm thinking to use with original Avus, S8 Avus or Bolero. Do you have some idea if I can have some problem?

Comment

avus should certainly be OK, the 16" even fit over 312mm discs (tested on the front).

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
        avus should certainly be OK, the 16" even fit over 312mm discs (tested on the front).
        my question is not about diameter distance. Is the distance to the hub.

Comment

OK. can't help you yet, my rear brakes are still on the shelf

Comment

Originally posted by John B View Post
            ... The regulator is different which gives the balance between the front and rear brakes and this is to be expected as the S2 only has a single piston floating caliper versus the 4 piston fixed caliper of the RS2.
            would you recommend using the RS2 regulator when doing the rear brake upgrade?

btw: acc to your PDF, the "late" ABY and the ADU both have the same regulator 8A0 612 033.

Comment

I can only go by my experience which is all road-based. I don't do trackdays with this car . Anyway I have done hard braking on the road in dry conditions and there was no issue with the balance. What about slippy conditions? Well we in the UK had some severe snow conditions in the Spring this year. On one day, I was in the southern Lake District and all routes through the county were blocked to get home in the West. I was forced to do do an anti-clockwise tour of the Lakes in full-on winter conditions. The car performed very predictably under braking in snow and ice. In fact the only issue i had was cooling bizarrely because the whole of the radiator grille got blocked with snow and i had to stop to scrape it off. Our 20V turbo motors certainly keep us warm on very cold days
              2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
              1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Just reading through this as im looking at the options and i notice you've mentioned brembo handbrake calipers but the parts list has AP Racing handbrake calipers - are these correct?
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  Just reading through this as im looking at the options and i notice you've mentioned brembo handbrake calipers but the parts list has AP Racing handbrake calipers - are these correct?
                  Think Brembo bought out AP or something!
                  Earlier in the year I was quoted £338+carraige+VAT by GD Cars for a pair of those handbrake calipers. So they are £420 now!

Comment

Inflation eh? Typical

Thanks for clearing that up.
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

AP Racing is a brand name owned by Brembo

The caliper has Brembo part numbers and is used on the Gallardo / R8 etc. but comes in an AP Racing box There may be other places that stock them but GD Cars were reasonable when i bought them and great service

Comment

Hello,
                        Is this upgrade for avant/berline too or coupe only ?

Comment

.....afraid it is only for the coupe as per the title of the thread

Comment

What a noob I am ��
                            Then, the only way for me is to upgrade with S4 B7 brake.

Comment

thanks JB for your time and effort into producing this thread

Comment

Originally posted by hardtop View Post
                                thanks JB for your time and effort into producing this thread
                                It was a pleasure. I took the beast out for a thrash yesterday and apart from the driveline noise that is driving me nuts , one of the stand out features of the ride was how good the anchors are with this setup. Go on.....you know you want to

Comment

Working...
                                X