No announcement yet.

Audi CQ20V ABS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So u can confirm thats the same as u have?Or u look at work and compare it?
    Yes, i want to look to every rele which have some connection with ABS, but only what i can recognize?Only if that looks good and have no marks of burn?
    Right one i stop wich changing parts, because i havent so much money to change everything and if its something necessary to change i need to have at least a 99% of sureness.
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is the same
      '95 Audi S2 Avant
      '92 Audi Coupe T89 quattro 2.3E

Comment

Still thinking about gap of abs sensor to tooth Wheel. I read somewhere in bentley manual, that is need a gap between sensor and Wheel...But your manula, said that no gap is need

Comment

But now when i thinking about it, i think, that the problem will be the gap..because every sensor have a different gap, maybe the voltage numbers are good, but the sinus curve dont be the sam (if you actualy understand me ). So today i want to push all sensors to the max (no chance to grind a sensor with tooth ring? ), and will see, if will be good or the same...If will be the same, than i find someone who have an osciloscope...
          Last edited by Tom_; 27 March 2017, 08:04.

Comment

I usually tap them in and turn the driveshaft using the outer bolt. If the sensor is touching the teeth, you'll hear a light grating sound. Just back it out a small amount
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Yes before a while i just tap them to the max...no sound when turned around. Just one (rear codriver) sensor can tap more, so i pull them out, little damage on sensor, so i ordered new one from A4 quattro with new sleeve

Comment

So today i drive a car, and worst than before...after 500m lights ABS ON, 3 new sensor + 1 old= tapped to the max. Every sensor gives resistance and voltage when i turn with the wheel. During drive (slow on second gear) i hear ABS, when i put cluth on, ABS stop making noise :/ i am despered

Comment

Oscilloscope
                  '95 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

So far nobody have it...What about pins?Did you looked, which pins are in connector to ABS? IF i cant find someone who have a osciloskop i think of buying USB osciloscope HANTEK 6022be? what u think?
                    Last edited by Tom_; 31 March 2017, 09:55.

Comment

Pin numbers:

Audi 80 / 90:
                      june 1988 -> ...
                      G44 (rear right) : 26 & 24
                      G45 (front right): 11 & 21
                      G46 (rear left) : 9 & 7
                      G47 (front left) : 5 & 4

Audi 80 / 90 quattro:
                      june 1988 -> ...
                      G46 (rear left) : 9 & 8
                      G47 (front left) : 22 & 4

Audi Coupe quattro:
                      november 1988 -> ...
                      G46 (rear left) : 9 & 8
                      G47 (front left) : 22 & 4

The assignment isn't always the same, as I thougt at first.
                      But like I've said, the pins from Audi Coupe quattro and B4 quattro (in my case S2 Avant from 1995) are the same. A simple way to check it, is to look at the colours of the wires at the ECU connector. Every sensor has the same colour on both wires.

The Hantek osc. should be able to do this job.
                      I've bought the Peaktech 1290, but it's more expensive.
                      Another alternative would be one of the "Picoscope" devices. These ones should have the best software.
                      '95 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Thank you shorty. One question, how much teeth must have a teeth ring? Because i cant find whats number is need and correct. Before a while i was on diag, but its not going well, so maybe nextime...Both of them tried to find a CQ 20V, but not in option only 80/90/Coupe but NG engine,etc....no abs to choose :/

Comment

The last one I've bought had 45 teeth. Unfortunately I didn't count the number of teeth the old, damaged one had
                          Tomorrow I can tell you if 45 is correct. If the ABS light comes again, it was the wrong one

What do you mean with "I was on diag"?
                          The ring is not listed in Audi's catalog, therefore you can't buy a single ring.
                          '95 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Two people have a diagnostic, one joined, second not...but in delphi diagnostic arent listed my car/engine....So the second one,told me, that he try to find another options and call me. I hope, that i have right ones CV joints but if not and have a different count of teeth i know what is the problem

Comment

You can not check your fault memory because of your ABS ECU.
                              This is only possible since 1992 or 1993, I don't know exactly.
                              I had the same problem at my Coupe quattro from 01.1992.
                              It's the same at the NG's motor ECU (which only supports blink codes)

Edit:
                              Furthermore the fault memory isn't always helpful. My S2 had the broken sensor ring, but there was no fault written in the memory
                              '95 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

I know that fault memory isnt help...But we can check the connection. So engine connect to diagnostic but not ABS option to choose...Engine,Climatronic,etc...bud the main problem not

Comment

Working...
                                X