No announcement yet.

Audi CQ20V ABS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure between both, ground wire and pump chassis. Put a jumper between 30 and 87 and you should have battery voltage between red and black lines.

Looking at your older pictures, aps pump looks pretty rusted.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

• So i measure ground on both (chassis and pump) and voltage is almost exactly the same as on battery. And that other thing i forget so tomorrow i look at it. Its rusty, i know...but its only housing not inside
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• M2ki shorty_94 So i have another ABS module...What is "jumper" ?

update: So i measure as you said...wire between 87 and 30 pin, than one pin od the red spot , second pin on black spot and nothing, than i do the same but on old ground bolt or stud or whatever and than start pump buzzing, but i have flood of oil under the car ( so i guess that old place for ground is better but i am idiot and a few months back i break down that stud (orange arrow) so i find another place (yellow arrow) Is that big problem?
        I cant get that ground wire back on place (orange arrow) (on picture is the other abs pump with good stud)

But i dont think that it could be that problem? Or yest? What about that oil came from steering oil can?
        Last edited by Tom_; 7 July 2018, 20:01.

Comment

• It does not matter if connected to orange or yellow arrow. Both are connected to the pump chassis.
          It seems you have corrosion on the pump chassis, it can be hard to get a reading than. You have to scratch on the surface for a good contacat.

If you have 12V between 87 and battery negative, but cant get a read between 87 and pump chassis i would suspect a bad ground. As the only time you get a reading the pump also starts buzzing.

As for the oil i think you have broken brake pipe.
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• It comes from hydraulic reservoir cap, not brake fluid. So it doesnt make sense,why it overflow or what happened...So why it starts buzzing if i touch that red wire and old ground stud, with 87 and 30 pins bridged? And not the new ground? On the chassi is ground good...

How you mean "jumper" is that same for bridge by cable?
            Last edited by Tom_; 7 July 2018, 21:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post

How you mean "jumper" is that same for bridge by cable?
              Yes, same thing.
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• But is wierd, on battery negative and 87 pin i have voltage but when i bridge 87 and 30 pin and check it in that red wire spot and chassis/ground spot = nothing....

Comment

• What about between battery negative and red wire?
                  1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Are we talking still about voltage with bridged 30 and 87 pins? OR u mean resistance between negative and red wire?

Comment

• Voltage and yes 30 and 87 bridged.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Nothing between red wire and battery negative

Last edited by Tom_; 9 July 2018, 17:36.

Comment

• This one is probably solved.
                          Problem was broken ground stud on the pump. New ground connection was made to the pump chassis, but the stud was broken in that way, it was no longer making a connection between the casing and brush assembly.
                          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

• Will see, when i change pump, but i think that problem is solved , for now Thanks all the people here who have some idea any big Thanks belongs to M2ki because he spent lot of time to help me out...Thanks man , I appreciate it

Comment

• Just read through this in full. A credit to the forum members trying to carefully help and diagnose this frustrating issue. Well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X