No announcement yet.

new updated angel eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like them, need to see a photoshop on the avant although it looks a lot of effort to convert.

Well done Jas

Comment

• imo oem elipsoids looks better.

Comment

• no easy task at all. well done for sticking at it. i think im still gonna order some up and have a go myself.

Quick one jas, the screws which you made up the tool for, you didnt need to take them out in the end? or u had to take them out aswell as the other two hidden ones?

i was wondering if you could get a small spanner on one of those screwdrive tips instead of welding a rod to it.
        Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

• Didn't need to take them out in the end mate. The tool wasn't needed
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

• Jas, what is the beam pattern like on these with the mod? And is it even too?
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
              Jas, what is the beam pattern like on these with the mod? And is it even too?
              It's exactly the same as before Greg, just now it's opposite. The light pattern kicks up to the left ( \___ ) instead of the right ( ___/ )
              I still need to get to my MOT station to have the aim set properly.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• I didn't mean in that way, I know some aftermarket headlights have a patchy beam pattern sometimes so you dont have an even spread of light and wondered what these were like? And if they seem better than the standard elipsoid output
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                  I didn't mean in that way, I know some aftermarket headlights have a patchy beam pattern sometimes so you dont have an even spread of light and wondered what these were like? And if they seem better than the standard elipsoid output
                  Get you now. Dunno, not driven with them at night yet.
                  Will do tonight on my way home from late shift. Guess I'll see tonight
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Beam strength and pattern is better than standard projectors (on halogen bulbs). But don't forget, you have a completely clear and pattern free front lens.
                    Getting the offside beam across to the left is a PITA though.

I'm going to shock you all now...or maybe not.

I "think" I'm going to remove the new lights and replace with the old. I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about them. The indecision is pi**ing me off no end.
                    At least I quite like the OEM ones.

I'll leave it for a couple of days and make my mind up over the weekend, but ultimately I think I'll buy a brand new pair of OEM ellipsoids, put them in the S2, then put the S2 set in this 80 and still keep the nearly new spare set I have for when they will undoubtedly go NLA at some point.

My verdict? 95% don't like them.

Jase..
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• Shame I must be odd as I still like them!

Comment

• hmm

looks a little like a volvo truck up front, with them lights
                        japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                        www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

• Jas11n: can you trow them in the bin, and snap a pic? I think they should look awesome there.
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                            Jas11n: can you trow them in the bin, and snap a pic? I think they should look awesome there.
                            2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

• @ jas - shame that the spare set I was selling went, could have been a cheap alternative to these lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                                @ jas - shame that the spare set I was selling went, could have been a cheap alternative to these lights.
                                Just rub it dude, it's ok I can take it

I knew what I was buying and there was a chance I wouldn't like them.
                                I've no doubt at all they'll sell..

Jase..
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X