No announcement yet.

Trip computer display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used an US Spec display to replace the dead one on my old car, apart from different markings on the display (MPG instead of l/100km) it worked perfectly. I'd imagine the display from other models could be used to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
      As mine has almost completely dried out now, I need a new one. I'm sure I've read before that someone was looking for an off the shelf LCD display that could be used as a replacement, anybody remember this? Or is the display still used on any newer models?
      andy, i think i have one if its for the s2??

Comment

I sent one to "jontawn" of this forum back in March this year as he said he might be able to sort something.... never heard back a thing and didn't even acknowledge receipt. Wish I'd kept it now and sent it to you...
        Afraid I don't have another spare....
        Chris
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I have 2 modules where the screens have leaked and I'd be quite willing to donate one to the cause. However, I'm not in the UK so it will be difficult, I might be able to get someone else to do it if no one can come up with one.

Regarding the C4 screen, I tried one maybe 5 years ago and found the pins were narrower so didn't align. I can't remember if that was from an A6 or 100, but the instruments look identical, are they really different? I would be surprised.
          92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
          98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
          63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
          69 Austin Mini Cooper
          71 MGB GT
          75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
          04 Kawasaki GPX250
          96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

A6 display has narrower pins.
            100 and A6 clusters are two completely different things, UrS4boy described them somewhere.

Comment

I forgot to update this, but I've already got a display from a coupe and it's been sent off to see if they can make a replacement. I'll update this again when they get back to me.
              sigpic
              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

ill defo have mine done if you get a result Andy. tried to get hands on 2 units recently sold in mo time.

Comment

Does anyone know of a supplier for the outside temp display LCD as mine has bled!
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

I have a face for a trip computer if I can remember where it is, I bought it by accident off flea bay so no longer required.

Comment

Just for your information, C4 100 computer display fits and works perfect on B4 clusters. Mate on our local forum swapped his dead B3/B4 display to C4 100 display and it works.
                      I assume C3 200 display will work too as it looked exactly the same as c4 100.

Comment

A few issues I see with finding a new replacement LCD screen 1. the MPG MI G time mpg mph is silk screen printed to the glass so something would need to be done about that. Whether it be a decal or a plastic insert/overlay. 2. the lcd's are older technology that use elastomeric connectors "zebra" strips not ribbon connectors like most new lcd's use so who knows where a replacement of the correct size could be sourced (google got me nowhere)? There is no manufacturer or factory imprint on the lcd itself. Don't get me wrong I'd like a source for a cheap easy replacement part. A few pics for fun more in my photobucket

Austin
                        1992 urs4 1991 200 20v avant 1990 90q 20v

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

I sent them an email the other day asking for progress, and they said they were still working on it. I'll let you know as soon as there is any news
                            sigpic

Comment

Any news about LCD s ?
                              Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
                              AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

I was going to try using the display out of a C4 A6 as they are newer and seem to be more readily available than the coupe ones. But I seem to have hit a snag.

This is the rear of the S2 circuit board, seems to be soldered in place?

I havn't stripped it any further than this as the board is sealed and I wasn't sure about breaking it.

This is the C4 A6 display

This uses a series on contact that just work by touch

These are the contacts on the circuit board, small black rectangles.

The screen simply pulls out of the holder it's in

Anybody know if I'm going to find the same arrangement on the S2 board if I continue stripping it?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X