No announcement yet.

Mapping S2,Boost limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 50 miles after car was remapped this started to happen.So last say 3rd gear when turbo started to spool up it cut off so I almost kissed the windscreen .
    so I have rang the tuner and he said-turn the screw on the WG half turn back.I did this and there was no more boost cut but it's only producing 1.3 bar.So last week I went back to him (350miles one way ) just to be told -not sure what the problem is

Comment

The other option depending on how close you are to RS2 spec , the injectors being the main variable , would just to modify your ecu to RS2 spec and run stock sw or decent proven modified sw. To be honest even that would have given you better results than the mapping. Its not optimal but close enough to at least enjoy your vehicle reliably and safely. Other than that its a matter of keeping a watch on the for sale section to see what comes up.
      It would be useful to know whether its is actually possible to use a stock 2.5bar ecu to get what you wanted. If not, then essentially its fraudulent.
      Its a shame the PRJ mod didn't have a stock RS2 base which could have been used straight out of the box. I guess most people (including myself!) are nervous or lack the skills to do the ecu mods in the first place never mind the actual mapping it's self.
      As an interim measure, if you have the stock injectors it would be possible to put it back to stock ABY or modified sw. Not ideal but at least its would be drivable. So there are ways to salvage something until you decide how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
        The other option depending on how close you are to RS2 spec , the injectors being the main variable , would just to modify your ecu to RS2 spec and run stock sw or decent proven modified sw. To be honest even that would have given you better results than the mapping. Its not optimal but close enough to at least enjoy your vehicle reliably and safely. Other than that its a matter of keeping a watch on the for sale section to see what comes up.
        It would be useful to know whether its is actually possible to use a stock 2.5bar ecu to get what you wanted. If not, then essentially its fraudulent.
        Its a shame the PRJ mod didn't have a stock RS2 base which could have been used straight out of the box. I guess most people (including myself!) are nervous or lack the skills to do the ecu mods in the first place never mind the actual mapping it's self.
        As an interim measure, if you have the stock injectors it would be possible to put it back to stock ABY or modified sw. Not ideal but at least its would be drivable. So there are ways to salvage something until you decide how to proceed.
        Well my car drives fine but my issue is that I have put it to RS2 spec and I would like to get as much as possible out of this set up and I did consulted all of my plans wit tuner before I have done anything. And now I have paid over ÂŁ600 and the results are not where they should be.also potentially I will have to pay someone again to put it right .just little bit frustrating.

Comment

So the original goal was to get as much as the RS2 components allow. Then if you have all the important OE RS2 bits namely the turbo and the injectors then the solution is either to modify your ecu to RS2 spec and run stock RS2 software until decent generic modified sw turns up. Or wait until an ecu turns up that has been modified and runs the modified sw. In theory that would be close to 380bhp (1.9 bar).
          So one solution might be nothing more traumatic than plugging another ecu in. Something you can do yourself. The other option involves finding someone to swap the components out in the ecu. The only other issue to contend with would be the immo/unimmo. You would need the correct one although the unimmo would work in either at a push.
          Theoretically either the PRJ mod or an aftermarket ecu would be superior IF you could find somebody reputable to map it. I have not seen anybody report back on using the PRJ mod on here although there might be users on other forums that I am unaware of. The choice of aftermarket ecu would be effectively made by the preferences of whosoever would be mapping it. So if you don't want to pay somebody else , understandable based on your experience, then the options are limited to the above.
          The only help I can offer is to put stock sw onto the chips for you if you decide to go down that route temporarily.

Comment

So the original goal was to get as much as the RS2 components allow. Then if you have all the important OE RS2 bits namely the turbo and the injectors then the solution is either to modify your ecu to RS2 spec and run stock RS2 software until decent generic modified sw turns up. Or wait until an ecu turns up that has been modified and runs the modified sw. In theory that would be close to 380bhp (1.9 bar).
            So one solution might be nothing more traumatic than plugging another ecu in. Something you can do yourself. The other option involves finding someone to swap the components out in the ecu. The only other issue to contend with would be the immo/unimmo. You would need the correct one although the unimmo would work in either at a push.
            Theoretically either the PRJ mod or an aftermarket ecu would be superior IF you could find somebody reputable to map it. I have not seen anybody report back on using the PRJ mod on here although there might be users on other forums that I am unaware of. The choice of aftermarket ecu would be effectively made by the preferences of whosoever would be mapping it. So if you don't want to pay somebody else , understandable based on your experience, then the options are limited to the above.
            The only help I can offer is to put stock sw onto the chips for you if you decide to go down that route temporarily.
            Thank you for your input buddy.
            Yes the goal was and still is to get as much as I can from RS2 parts.Figures you mention would be perfect for me .I'm hoping to find somebody who could modifie my ECU to get me to this level .

Comment

Ok . Understood!
              So are you actually running genuine OE RS2 injectors or replicas?

Comment

Ok . Understood!
                So are you actually running genuine OE RS2 injectors or replicas?
                Ok so spec is
                Brand new genuine BOSCH RS2 injectors
                new KKK 7200 turbo
                New genuine BOSCH 044 fuel pump
                Wagner exhaust manifold
                Wagner intercooler
                stock ABY cams
                New genuine MAF -stock
                customs made 3" exhaust from turbo back
                TFSI coils
                single mass flywheel
                engine fully rebuild and balanced
                H-beam rods
                Woosner pistons
                that's it I think

Comment

Ok its the injectors I was worried about.
                  Can't see any solution to this that doesen't require modifying the ecu, either to RS2 Spec for RS2 specific sw or PRJ mod for SD. There is certaintly generic RS2 sw out there that you may be able to use satisfactorily unless Dmitri has some files in his Library (old school) of modified vehicles that more closely matches those mods that he would be prepared to sell to you. You would still need to modify the ecu to suit. Again all I would be able to offer in terms of help is putting any files you can obtain onto the chips for you.

Comment

Ok its the injectors I was worried about.
                    Can't see any solution to this that doesen't require modifying the ecu, either to RS2 Spec for RS2 specific sw or PRJ mod for SD. There is certaintly generic RS2 sw out there that you may be able to use satisfactorily unless Dmitri has some files in his Library (old school) of modified vehicles that more closely matches those mods that he would be prepared to sell to you. You would still need to modify the ecu to suit. Again all I would be able to offer in terms of help is putting any files you can obtain onto the chips for you.
                    Thank you.I will send you PM

Comment

Pete, I’ve got some ECUs and SW we can try.
                      PM me.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                        Pete, I’ve got some ECUs and SW we can try.
                        PM me.
                        Will do buddy

Comment

Taking the old girl for dyno run today to see what power she is actually producing and I will take it from there.Still didn't decided whatever I will stick with OE ECU or aftermarket.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Even after Dmitri very generously released all of his hard work with the PRJmod package, it is still a relatively costly exercise to buy the gear to tune your ECU using it:
                            MAP sensor & ECU mods, Emulator, latch adapter, wideband controller, chip burner? and likely a few new sensors around the engine too. Even at bare bones you are still over half way toward buying a good, user friendly standalone ECU such as the EMUBlack or MaxxECU which then have a much wider capability and many more options & features that don't require any programming knowledge. This was the basis of my decision anyway.

Hope you get it sorted Pete.
                            If I was you I would find some upgraded RS2 chips from a reputable tuner and be happy with a reliable 360-380hp - you don't really need a custom tune for your hardward in my opinion.
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              Even after Dmitri very generously released all of his hard work with the PRJmod package, it is still a relatively costly exercise to buy the gear to tune your ECU using it:
                              MAP sensor & ECU mods, Emulator, latch adapter, wideband controller, chip burner? and likely a few new sensors around the engine too. Even at bare bones you are still over half way toward buying a good, user friendly standalone ECU such as the EMUBlack or MaxxECU which then have a much wider capability and many more options & features that don't require any programming knowledge. This was the basis of my decision anyway.

Hope you get it sorted Pete.
                              If I was you I would find some upgraded RS2 chips from a reputable tuner and be happy with a reliable 360-380hp - you don't really need a custom tune for your hardward in my opinion.
                              Thank you for your input Alex-very good info as always .
                              It was a very good fun today on rolling road.Some nice cars there but obviously the best two was mine and John's S2.My car did 363BHP and using John (newsh) ECU it did 371BHP.i think for now I should get back to my tuner,replace MAP sensor inside ECU and from what I understand this should allow more boost before it will hit boost limiter but I might be wrong here as like I said I'm only just learning about how it all works .
                              Big thank you to John for comming so Surrey on rolling road and lending me one of his ECU to test it

Comment

To be fair that doesen't sound too bad for 1.4bar. Is there a printout we can look at.
                                Did you plug the N75 back in for the run with with John's ecu?
                                Without any way of regulating the boost reliably, electronically rather than mechanically, I fear you will be plagued with the boost cuts. I guess you could just keep winding the wastegate screw out until you find the sweet spot between boost and boost cut and be satisfied with that. The next 20+ bhp is going to be disproportionately expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X