Mapping S2,Boost limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiman View Post
    Running just on a huge spring is a horrid way of mapping these cars. They drive crappy and laggy. It sounds like you are hitting MAF limit. It should be disabled in your software. You also can’t run 1.9 bar boost on a stock MAP sensor that only reads to a max of 1.5 bar of boost.
    Thank you for that .
    so it's just confirming that my MAP sensor in ECU must be replaced .I will ring Mark with all that info and see what he will say

Comment

Can't understand why Mark wouldn't of done this at the beggining, hope it gets resolved

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        Can't understand why Mark wouldn't of done this at the beggining, hope it gets resolved
        Same mate-i can't get My head around it
        cheers

Comment

Frustrating for sure, I'll be watching for good news as I'm ment to be popping back up there once i have the funds for the work that's planned

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post

Sure... but then, I still need to find someone to map it. I still need to purchase the ECU... it really isn't a no brainer if there is a sensible option for a one-off mapping of the existing motronic...
            You have vems or maxxecu plug and play ecus there are plenty of peolple capable to tune them. And if you really want the best to map for you you have Valdas in here mapping vems or Jonus on maxxecu.

Comment

The way Pete has described this to me it’s a fuel cut. If you’re getting fuel cut and there’s no code I would suggest it has to be something wrong with the ECU, either hardware or software.
              Try my spare ECU with a stock WG spring and the N75 reconnected and see what happens.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post

You have vems or maxxecu plug and play ecus there are plenty of peolple capable to tune them. And if you really want the best to map for you you have Valdas in here mapping vems or Jonus on maxxecu.
                Exactly. I even bought VEMS but was not happy with it.

Maxxecu would be good, but at least 3 times the cost of mapping motronic...

Where is Jonus, close to London?
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid

Exactly. I even bought VEMS but was not happy with it.

Maxxecu would be good, but at least 3 times the cost of mapping motronic...

Where is Jonus, close to London?
                  Norway

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Norway
                    ...... not exactly convenient then
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid

...... not exactly convenient then
                      Not exactly, I understand he does travel though.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Frustrating for sure, I'll be watching for good news as I'm ment to be popping back up there once i have the funds for the work that's planned
                        I will keep you guys updated with the outcome of the conversation I will have with Mark .
                        I'm stressing about it as I'm the person who really don't like to complain

Comment

It's not complaining fella it's just getting the right service for your cash

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            The way Pete has described this to me it’s a fuel cut. If you’re getting fuel cut and there’s no code I would suggest it has to be something wrong with the ECU, either hardware or software.
                            Try my spare ECU with a stock WG spring and the N75 reconnected and see what happens.
                            Yes John ,as per PM I will do my best to connect N75 and stock spring (once I find it ) ASAP and will let you know what is what

Comment

It's not complaining fella it's just getting the right service for your cash
                              Well yes ,you absolutely right buddy

Comment

I have spoken to Mark and he is happy to keep my car and get to the bottom of the issue .I'm very optimistic that it will be resolved. You will have to bare with me for the answer what the problem was as the car will go to Mark after new year.

Comment

Working...
                                X