Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mapping S2,Boost limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mapping S2,Boost limit

    Hi All
    i need to do my home work to make right decision so i need to get as much info as possible.
    its ABY with most of RS2 upgrades.
    N75 is disabled and boost is controlled by WG spring.
    100% there is no boost leaks
    I did have my S2 mapped by known UK tuner and generally i was happy but there is a problem.
    Car only boosting till 1.3- 1.35 Bar and its hitting safety boost limit.I tough we will sort this out at next visit but the guy who mapped my car is not actually sure why is this happening
    This is not making me feel very comfortable.he is thinking it have got something to do with MAF sensor voltage but MAF is brand new and genuine.He is suggesting that he would have to move MAF in to the bigger tube and move it to positive side of the system(after intercooler) and then play with software more-possible use S4 software and do some modification to it.I might be totally wrong as i know very very little about mapping and what is happening inside ECU but the fact that tuner cant tell me why safety limit is triggering to early and is not 100%how to overcome this problem makes me start thinking about using aftermarket ECU that more people can actualy play with.
    Any toughts on the problem?
    How much of the boost should be available on RS2 set up with standard ABY ECU?

  • #2
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...353#post842353

    Comment


    • #3
      thank you

      Comment


      • #4
        What mods have been done to the ecu?
        So does that mean you have no boost controller just the wastegate spring?
        It certaintly is posssible to run RS2 like sw in an ABY ecu as Paul N used to offer homefries which would have been nearer 1.9 bar boost. The ecu would need at least a 3 bar map sensor. There was an alternative to run RS2 sw provided the ecu was modified to RS2 spec with the 3 bar map sensor and the R201 resister change for the Maf scaling. That would have retained all the factory safeguards.
        I seem to recall that their is some value of headroom for safety of 0.1 bar less than the rated map sensor so a 2.5bar map sensor can only run 1.4 bar of boost and the 3 bar 1.9 bar of boost. Not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Check for boost leaks
          Clean or change pins in maf connector

          S2 Coupe 3B Project


          Ur quattro restoration

          S2 Avant

          Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by twoqu View Post
            What mods have been done to the ecu?
            So does that mean you have no boost controller just the wastegate spring?
            It certaintly is posssible to run RS2 like sw in an ABY ecu as Paul N used to offer homefries which would have been nearer 1.9 bar boost. The ecu would need at least a 3 bar map sensor. There was an alternative to run RS2 sw provided the ecu was modified to RS2 spec with the 3 bar map sensor and the R201 resister change for the Maf scaling. That would have retained all the factory safeguards.
            I seem to recall that their is some value of headroom for safety of 0.1 bar less than the rated map sensor so a 2.5bar map sensor can only run 1.4 bar of boost and the 3 bar 1.9 bar of boost. Not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.
            Very good info ,thank you.
            so apart from replacing chips with new software there is no other modifications to ecu.Map sensor is stock 2.5 bar.no other boost control -just WG spring.The guy who mapped my car told me to buy electronic boost controller Turbosmart and four port Solenoid and I did but he now didn't connected it all up because of the problem with boost limit.1.9 bar is what I was expecting and I would be very happy with.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by newsh View Post
              Check for boost leaks
              Clean or change pins in maf connector
              Hi John
              like I said above I know for 100% there is no boost leaks and MAF is brand new,and connections on MAF itself and harness side are perfectly clean so at the moment it might be looking is just like twoqu pointed out-MAPsensor inside why should be changed to min of 3.0 Bar.but why the guy who know Motronic and have been working with S2s for long time would not said anything about it???

              Comment


              • #8
                I think you should find a different tuner or get a set of chips from s2central.net

                I mean if he can't figure out how to map the boost via the n75 then I would run away screaming.

                Just my 2c. we
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

                A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

                Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well,I d

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well I definitely don't want to slagging anybody's job but this is a big worry for me as well now that tuner can't answer the questions that should be fairly simple to somebody who is dealing with it day in,day out .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I mean with the m232.org and the software freely available, you'd think even the clowns would've figured it out by now.
                      Apparently not this one.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by prj View Post
                        I mean with the m232.org and the software freely available, you'd think even the clowns would've figured it out by now.
                        Apparently not this one.
                        Well I'm afrai this one not .
                        Come on Dmitry-what to do with this problem now?Please advise

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Find someone who knows what prjmod is and use that to map or fit standalone ECU.
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by prj View Post
                            Find someone who knows what prjmod is and use that to map or fit standalone ECU.
                            I think I will have to find somebody else to work on my car.is the new standalone better now then Motronic?
                            I.know it's old system but it was designed for this engine and BOSCH engineers spend alot of time developing it so I would like to be sure that changing it for new staff is the right decision.Many thanks for replay

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just to be clear
                              After mapping the car was boosting fine but it’s developed this issue?

                              The MAF connector looking clean means nothing. I had this overboost cut for ages, it would sometimes be ok if I unplugged and replugged the MAF, contact cleaner made no difference, in the end I cleaned between the mating surfaces of the pins in the plug with fine abrasive paper, you have to remove the pins from the connector housing to do this, and I’ve never had the problem since.

                              I started a thread about it on here

                              S2 Coupe 3B Project


                              Ur quattro restoration

                              S2 Avant

                              Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X