Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Broke down! :/ after full revs Any help /advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris5044
    replied
    Hey thank you again, upon inspection I have found less water ingress, so my sealing mission may have been successful.. I shall continue to observe and go over the other points made.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    When the windscreen is replaced they usually don’t seal the trim back properly.
    The water gets under the trim above the door and runs down inside the A pillar.
    Removing the door rubber, drilling out the rivers and sealing it properly is quite a big job. I sealed my with epdm gasket so that it’s still removable if a screen has to be fitted.
    A good temporary fix is to stick a strip of gasket across the front of the door card where it closes against the dash, this routes the drips out side the door seal to drain outside the car. I have this fix on the driver’s side.

Leave a comment:

• dr.strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
    ******, theres still some water getting in still after checking after this rain.. ffs.. have I missed something? will check this heater matrix issue and re-read the other threads
    This weekend I left my lhd coupe outside a couple of nights ago in the rain. Yesterday morning I found my ecu, which I had not remounted, in a puddle of water in the right side (passenger for me) foot well. to make a long story short, I found that there is a drain hose from the blower housing where the heater core is. This hose is supposed to route through the firewall to drain outside of the cabin, but instead it was draining into the foot well. While this may not be your problem, you may want to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Chris5044
    replied
    Thank you so much guys! muchly appreciated! I shall inspect tonight after this crazy rain already

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    Read the sticky Post on the subject.

Sunroof drains, sealant between sunroof frame and body are good candidates. Less obvious but also capable of causing a leak would be stress fractures in the body shell scuttle around the fusebox and interior fan blower motor. The seam sealer around my blower motor had failed with tiny cracks in it and that was letting water creep in apparently through the body shell where it ran along under the dashboard and was dripping behind the carpet into the passenger foot well.

Madness seeing it happen but once the glove box was out of the way, it was clear as day.

Leave a comment:

• Chris5044
    replied
    Well I emergency sealed up the grommet and fuse box and anything or signs in the scuttlepanel area last night before the torrential rain this week. Hope it helped!

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    Dont know what happens to these cars in the UK, but i have had 4 S2 coupés and one avant. One of the coupés i owned for 6 years, none of them have had any water leaks?

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    I had mine dry once, lasted about 2 years....

Leave a comment:

• piotr
    replied
    Hahaha,i remember hours spend in the car in funny positions and thousands liters of water going to the drain

Leave a comment:

• steve briance
    replied
    You will fix 1 leak a year for the rest of your ownership and then when you've fixed them all, the first fix will have failed again and you go back to the start.

Coupe ownership is 'misty' in the winter

Leave a comment:

• LHD_Kid
    replied
    You will not fix the water leaks at one visit....

Leave a comment:

• Chris5044
    replied
    ******, theres still some water getting in still after checking after this rain.. ffs.. have I missed something? will check this heater matrix issue and re-read the other threads

Leave a comment:

• Chris5044
    replied
    So an update guys, I have dried up the ingress of water in the drivers footwell. i have also silicone sealed the scuttlepanel area and any potential looking cracks in there, cleaned it out from debris and also the fitting area of the scuttlepanels to the chassis. Its now being booked to be picked up and taken to Norfolk where my friend who is an excellent metal smith has an electrical guy that will completely sort out the car for me.

boom Boom Boom! oh and the car has had a nice wash!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    There’s an amalgamated coupe water leaks thread on here, probably a sticky
    Plenty of ways for water to get in if the car is kept outside.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    The water in the carpet could be your heater matrix leaking. If the car has been kept inside in the dry that's certain. Otherwise you could have a leak somewhere else. Any sign of water around the ECU?
    It's normal for the after run pump to run for a few seconds after you first turn on the ignition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X