Aux rad delete - bung sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John. View Post

For reference, 7A has auxiliary radiator.
    So the one without the Aux. I thought it was the 7a. Anyone?
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
      2. If going the bung route, I was also looking at alloy eBay jobs and they offer a range of sizes so is 25mm or 22mm more suitable?
      I did a bit more digging, and based on the info described here (and attached pic) it looks like 24mm, so I've ordered a couple of 24mm bungs/plugs. As Steve says above a 22mm solder ring cap - after copper and raised ring - will be about right and from Audicted 25mm works fine too.

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      So the one without the Aux. I thought it was the 7a. Anyone?
      I'm a bit rusty with the family album these days, but I think KV, NG and/or NM.

Capture.JPG
      Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

NM is like 7A aux rad present!

Comment

According to 7Zap, NG engine without air con or tow bar didn't have the Aux rad
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Dave my 2-3 NG 10valve aka The kennel has a Auxiliary rad. That's on a G, although I had a 2-3 NG 10valve on H and that one didn't have a Aux rad. No air con on either car.
            Last edited by LSG; 30 June 2020, 01:21.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
              Dave my 2-3 NG 10valve aka The kennel has a Auxiliary rad. That's on a G, although I had a 2-3 NG 10valve on H and that one didn't have a Aux rad. No air con on either car.
              Hi Lynn, how are you keepng?
              Interesting. Lucky for us Audi still have the hose and it isn't silly money.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I am well thanks Dave,, its everybody else. So I'm told. We know your good as the cars are coming along well. I believe roose motorsport also sell the hoses but don't know price off them..

Comment

Roose coolant hoses (two hoses) for ABY aux rad delete are £130 (at time of writing, NCTS etc).

Dave, when you've used that one hose from Audi Tradition to bypass one connection to the aux rad, what have you done to lose/delete the other connection? Short pipe and bung straight onto the radiator?
                  Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2 View Post
                    Roose coolant hoses (two hoses) for ABY aux rad delete are £130 (at time of writing, NCTS etc).

Dave, when you've used that one hose from Audi Tradition to bypass one connection to the aux rad, what have you done to lose/delete the other connection? Short pipe and bung straight onto the radiator?
                    Yes, short length of silicone hose and a bung. I would post a pic but I've reached my monthly limit on tapatalk.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                      Yes, short length of silicone hose and a bung. I would post a pic but I've reached my monthly limit on tapatalk.
                      Thanks Dave. Picture not needed - I can imagine what it looks like

Comment

Yep 7a hose is a perfect fit
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Brief update: aux rad removed. 7A bottom hose perfect, and a 25mm Samco blanking cap (as pictured) on the main rad spur. Temps fine.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X