No announcement yet.

I think it is fooked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im gonna use 2 sets of the upper sections of the rs2 bearings. Should be ok for the short term. They will make audible noise if they start to let go, before any conrod throwing!!
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I was going to just get replacement standard shells for the ABY/RS2 for the main crank bearings and the big end rod bearings. Already ordered - shoud be getting them soon.

I thought these were good enough?

Tom - why use 2 uppers? Are they stronger? I can see if they are interchangable on my old set sitting on the bench.

Anything else I should be looking at uprating? Before I buy everything!
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Steve has used Glyco these are supposed to be very good, I'm thinking of following his lead and use these myself.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Has Steve used them on the crank and rods?

I am tempted to stay with new standard ones - becasue I have bought them. I await to be told not to though.

My wallet is telling me to stop spending, and I need to stop somewhere!

If you get prices Mark - I can ask my engine builder what they can get them or other ones for. They did ask if I wanted some make of new shells but I didn't take it in becasue I hadn't looked into it.

Comment

Doug,

I think Steve told me how much but its gone out of my head now :wacked: ,
            he can tell you/us.

Cheers,

Mark.
            Mark - Modded

Comment

Doug,

I have the Glyco shells in the mains and big ends. The mains come with an integral thrust bearing. The cost of both came to about £145. I've been enquiring with a few other suppliers to see if I can get them cheaper. I'll post an update on the price when it arrives..

How's the block shaping up with the rebore?
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

The rebore won't happen till next week now :mad: I hate this hanging around - I need accurate bore dimensions to specify pistons.

At least I have a weekend off from the car - unless I start sand blasting all the bits that are off it.

Comment

Working...
                X