This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And thats it, job done.
    2 hours max - well unless you fanny about like me and sit on the cr*pper for half an hour readin Practical Performace Car half way through the job.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Jamo; 23 December 2011, 10:40.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, one last thing - when its all back together, get some more grease (Mobil HP222) and smother it everywhere (except in your pants) just for good measure.
      Hope this helps any of you that are planning this job soon.

Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

good write up
        japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
        www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Great write up Alex. Nice one.

Did you get the pipe and Wade connectors locally?

Comment

Fuel Lines

HI
            GREAT WRITE UP.........WITH PICS

where pipes and joints locally sorced???......where you get them??

cheers

john

Comment

8mm pipe was from Partco (Part of Unipart) but any motor factors will have the stuff.
              Connectors were harder to find.
              You need to find a dealer who supplies Flowtech stuff (http://www.flowtech.co.uk)
              Usually an engineering supplier.
              I used a company called North Wales Control based near Chester (01244812828) but I'm sure if youy contact Flowtech (08454561222) they will give you your nearest stockist.
              Get yourself a Flowtech catalogue too - you'll be amazed at what you can get!

p.s. if you use NW Control - tell 'em you want the ones they supplied to 'Alex at Vannplastic'.
              sigpic

Comment

Excellent, cheers Alex.

Comment

Nice work Alex
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks for that little write-up. I've got that job to do pretty soon, and it's always nice to have a preview of what exactly needs doing.
                    SS

Comment

Looking at this again in light of Jamo's recent troubles... Only lil tip I would add when making up fuel lines like this is to give them a good purge with compressed air before fitment. As clean as you can try to be when cutting and filing that tubing - its really easy to get swarf down the pipe - and these pipes are AFTER the fuel filter on a B3 or B4 so consider that before hooking them up.

It was something I was taught when making up brake pipes for the first time - somewhere in the dark ages...
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S-Express View Post
                        They're WADE connectors which apparently are the best, I was informed that these little beauties will with stand huge pressures and are not poor quality like a lot of the cr*p you can get if you just go to a plumbers merchants. They were about £1.50 each.
                        Stupid question time, do you have to flare the pipe for these connectors or do they clamp onto a straight piece of pipe?
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                          Stupid question time, do you have to flare the pipe for these connectors or do they clamp onto a straight piece of pipe?
                          The connectors come with olives so you don't have to flare the pipes.
                          I did flare the ends that went into the existing rubber pipes from the tank, but it probably wasn't necessary
                          sigpic

Comment

Perfect, thank you
                            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

thats a great write up and one I will probably have to follow this year sometime
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ditto, looks like I will be doing this sooner rather than later.

I now have the deadline of GTI at the end of June to get my self together and MOT the car....

Here we go again, and I've only done 2000 miles since last year.
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic
                                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X