This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRY View Post
    Let Gt500 replace them. He likes doing it.
    Its true!

I take pride in getting them all perfectly straight!

I have some to do on monday, I will take some pics of what you should be aiming for!
    Rob..
    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
    87 UR 20v ABY
    97 S6 Avant
    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I want to reserve the quoted price for my avant and coupe before you get a rush in.
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post

!
        Glad its not just me that is that retentive
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Mine look worse than Steve's... but only just started leaking last week.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

the acid test is whether you would feel comfiortable holding a match to them
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

My worst fear is one of them suddenly splitting and pissing petrol at pressure on to the neighbouring hot stainless steel exhaust. I think the car would be a fire about in about 2 minutes!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Attached are the Wade instructions...
                Attached Files
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                  Its true!

I have some to do on monday, I will take some pics of what you should be aiming for!
                  But what's your price?

Comment

Do we really need to worry about using these WADE connectors - are they so much better than generic / noname fittings ?

There is a liquid PTFE sealant available from FROSTS that is designed to make such connections more robust. Often used on air line fittings on trucks I believe.

As to fuel line bursting - tis a worry but I remember a thing on TG years ago where I think it was Tiff who did a test to camera by spraying various liquids onto a hot exhaust manifold. Petrol didn't ignite - but brake fluid went up in a great burst of flame.
                    Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

At 1.90 each I figure they are not THAT expensive. I have just spent about ÂŁ80 on rust preventer and paint!

Also they look like they will be easy to fit and then forget.

I will let you know how I get on with these next week...
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Its not the cost here - just the fuss factor about WADE...
                        Paul Nugent

Comment

If hydraulic fittings are not made to good tolerances (which cheapo / no-name tend to be) then they don't seal properly, simple as.
                          If a jobs worth doing......
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

As the person who started the 'Wade' requirement I think I should just say, I'm sure it wont matter if you use an alternative, but all I know is that they were the ones recomended by a trusted supplier of mine and I can vouch for their quality.
                            Last thing you want is to put a duff connector on that not only leaks but knackers your nice, new & straight piping because you have to fit another bit!
                            sigpic

Comment

/\ /\ /\ /\ And a big thank you to the OP for starting this thread. It made a daunting job look a lot lot easier.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Picked up my car on Tuesday from Rob (GT500) who kindly replaced all my fuel lines, filter and fuel pump. To say he has done a neat job is a big understatement. So, a big thanks Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X