Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David, I did mine in Knifer and did it all by hand, for the runs you mention. I was happy with the results...
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• thats a good enough benchmark for me Steve considering your attention to detail
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• In fairness, I think Alex made a better job of his. I think there is a photo of mine somewhere on here. If not I might be brave and post one up!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• if mine fundamentall reach from the tank to the bulkhead and allow me to reach Le Mans on the 9th June, I'll be happy to call it a success
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• How do you get the fuel line clamps closed again after opening and fitting the new lines? I got a hard time with that on my coupe quattro now. Ow and I found out the clamps and rubbers pieces are NLA and I broke some on my car. Ofcourse I didn't take any of the cars I broke before

Comment

• @quattrostyle,
              I don't know why you think they clamps and rubbers are NLA, they can still be ordered.

Comment

• ...phew do you have part numbers?
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Sure, here you go:
                  895 201 449 B CLAMP
                  895 201 245 COVER

You shouldn't really need to order any of these as the rubbers can be cleaned up and reused as can the clips. You could be unlucky I suppose and break a clip although I think that would be difficult to do.

Comment

• thanks for that...they don't look in bad shape but useful to have the part numbers recorded on there just in case.
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• the clips are stainless so should last for ever... and the rubber is pretty tough, mine all cleaned up like new
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                        @quattrostyle,
                        I don't know why you think they clamps and rubbers are NLA, they can still be ordered.
                        sorry man that's what the man at the desk told me, maybe the type 85 clamps only then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                          You shouldn't really need to order any of these as the rubbers can be cleaned up and reused as can the clips. You could be unlucky I suppose and break a clip although I think that would be difficult to do.
                          well I broke one of mine, I think because I don't have the right tool to close the clamps again. It took a lot of force to do.

Comment

• That's interesting, I didn't know that there is a special tool for closing these clamps. Do you have a link?
                            I just use a 4 or 5mm flatblade screwdriver to open and close them. Opening is reasonably easy, closing them, well that's not so easy but it can be done.

Comment

• yup, i think i even closed one without stabbing myself with said screwdriver once
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• hmm, I guess there is a tool for doing it the easy way, I'm not saying there is one but there are tools for almost anything. And yes I broke mine with a flatblade screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                                X