Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm I'll have to see ideally I'd like to replace the one that got crushed on my car in the engine bay but has a wade fix
    One for me to work out at a later date

Comment

• Hey Jamo...I managed them, you shouldnt have any probs lol!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• So having read this start to finish I now feel happy to do my lines this weekend if I can find the line... One quick question though, can flexi line be used at the join to the old pipes at the bulk head instead of wade connectors? As you say they aren't under loads of pressure and it will be the same as the connections at the end from the fuel filter.

Comment

• I don't see why not...
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• depends on what line you use I'd say. they aren't always that great if exposed to the conditions permanently
            1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Hey Will, what sort of stuff am I best getting? I think I have the Wade connectors sorted though but not a bad idea to have a back up plan...

Also when using these wade connectors, does anyone know if you need to flare the ends of the pipes that the Wade connectors go on?

Comment

• No you don't need to flare the ends they are held on by olives in the connector

Comment

• Cool cheers Jamo. Also seeing as the pressure is not greatly high do the ends that go into the flexi hose need to be flared or can they be pushed on a reasonable amount and the petrol clamps put on to hold them secure enough?

Comment

• Ive got a couple of 90deg compression fittings in my engine bay, as the fuel lines on my CQ come up the bulkhead in a different place to the ABY. So when i fitted the ABY engine to the CQ i used a length of the engine bay lines from the ABY and fitted to the CQ lines using these 90deg compression fittings.
                    I wish i knew that wade were the best as ive had a little trouble with one seeping and have had to replace it.
                    TBH if i had read this guide before i would have been more comfortable with replacing all the lines tank-engine whilst i had the engine out, that would have been best!
                    Great guide, cheers Alex. A job for the to do list
                    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                      Cool cheers Jamo. Also seeing as the pressure is not greatly high do the ends that go into the flexi hose need to be flared or can they be pushed on a reasonable amount and the petrol clamps put on to hold them secure enough?
                      I'd flare the ends for the transition to flexi. I had one that wasn't and it leaked. Once it was flared and jubilee clip sat right up against it, nothing was going to leak out of it.

For flexi lines on the filter end I use cotton braided fuel line but its quite well protected there. Not sure what else there is but not sure I'd trust its endurance directly underneath the car

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Cheers Will. Right so I have the solid lines and Wade fixings paid for and hopefully on their way today (Thanks Nuvo) Just got to figure out how to flare the ends that go into the flexi lines and start to coat the "thingy ma Jig" as its referred to in this thread to try to loosen it off for the weekend.... This is one thing I will not be attacking with a blow torch to maker loosen!!! Hope I can tuck the back end of the car into the garage so I stay dry!!!

Comment

• I got a silverline flaring kit, only cost about £12 and did the job perfectly. There's a few vids on YouTube for how-tos.

I'd buy a new fitting for the fuel filter too, makes a much neater job while you're at it! Etka will confirm but I think its m12. Oh, and some pipe clips!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Cheers Will.. Much appreciated for your knowledge

Comment

• At the back end of the car, can anyone tell me which of the three hoses running along under the car is the vapour/ breather line? Is it the one with the "Thingy ma jig" on it? (The one closest to the drivers side of the car)

Comment

• Yeah you can easily tell as only two on the lines go up into the bay the evap one runs towards the rhd drivers wing

Comment

Working...
                                X