No announcement yet.

Volvo K24 turbo in audi application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressor impeller seems more updated than the RS2 one (larger blades ect)
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Nice thinking, i cant see why the turbos wouldnt have improved with 10 years more technology put into them tbh.
      Necessity is the mother of all invention and you may make a profit from this!

Great work and good out of the box thinking.

Comment

Here is a better photo to show the modifications made to the cold side of the turbo, you can see the block off plate for the internal BPV and also that the outlet was shortened to have the output in the stock Audi outlet location.

Comment

Also there are two versions of this cold side, the earlier years had a vband connection, later years have the style posted in this thread.

Here is a shot of the compressor wheel, this is comparing it to different volvo turbo

Here is some info about the Compressor wheel and the turbine wheel sizes:

Compressor Wheel:
          O.D. – 62mm / inducer – 45.8mm / ETT (Extended Tip Technology)
          Turbine Wheel:
          O.D. – 59mm / exducer – 50mm / tip – 9mm / 5.4mm stub shaft dia.
          TH:
          6²cm area / set pressure – 7 bar @ 7mm lift

Comment

Quite interesting thread. Nice to get more easy "plug and play" upgrade options for I5 setups. Hope the performance would be competitive also. Waiting to see the dyno results.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Good to see this on here, I have been following it on motorgeek, look forward to seeing the results.
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Rs focus with 2.5 turbo seems to have a even larger kkk. I have been told the comp is 62mm with 49.5mm inducer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                  Oh i was just going to mention, the nice thing about this type of swap is that you don't have to change your exhaust manifold, downpipe, or oil/water lines, it is a plug and play turbo like the rs2, however it is 15 years newer, readily available and a fraction of the cost... now lets hope that it is more powerful too!
                  interested to see what results you get.

Comment

good work

is it worth the bang for buck though?

Comment

If it works and you have the skills to DIY then for $150 I would hope so, however what is the price/availability of them in the UK?
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Only saw one on ebay.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-S60-2-4-...item4aa401c07f

seems a bit steep. i know new from the dealer this turbo is around 950 usd.

Comment

So I wanted to update this even though I don't have numbers yet. I didn't get the car running before vegas so I wasn't able to get it tuned by Marc @efiexpress. As of this week I got it running. Hopefully this weekend I'll get everything buttoned up and get it back on the road for some street tuning.

This is part of the reason it didn't make it to Vegas:

to fit a filter for this turbo in the small chassis i had to get one of these "cobra head" adapter:

Still having a small trigger pin/vr sensor issue at sub 1500 RPM. I wish I had already been running VEMS before swapping the turbo, it would have made things simpler.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yjQvyO_tTfw

Comment

You got a thread on motorgeek, interested in reading what else you've accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                              You got a thread on motorgeek, interested in reading what else you've accomplished.
                              Enjoy the reading:

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26984

Comment

From where did you buy that "cobra head" intake hose? What size are the fittings?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X