Volvo K24 turbo in audi application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
    From where did you buy that "cobra head" intake hose? What size are the fittings?
    http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=CHEW

I used the 3" with a 2.75" reducer ring like so:
    http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=RIS

It is probably the tightest radius bend you can find. If anyone was interested I would be more then happy to forward them on to europe.

Comment

Ok, great. Thanks! I probably need one when I install my new turbo if I can't use my old custom made stainless intake tube.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Yeah I have the same cobra head but in 4", great product

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Yeah I have the same cobra head but in 4", great product
          is there a distributor in Europe?

Comment

i had the same prob with coils on vems, or was this just a bad coil?

if not i have a solution for this problem

cheers
            will

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing View Post
              i had the same prob with coils on vems, or was this just a bad coil?

if not i have a solution for this problem

cheers
              will
              well there are/were two problems.

At 1000 RPM it has a hard time "seeing" the reference pin, so it runs rough, I had a friend helping tune and thinking it might be a coil related issue settings were played with and a coil was turned to continually fire, thus cause the coil melt down.

With the new coil installed and a standard base map, the car runs VERY smooth above 1500 rpm, in the lower rpm it still has a hard time seeing the reference pin, Marc has suggested welding material to increase the size of the pin and that is probably what will happen. If you have a solution I am ALL EARS

Comment

Hi,

nice project!

I used the hotside from a K26 that i had lying around...
                K26 from 10V Turbo? K2664 13 with just Oilcooling?

Karl

Comment

my issue was suspected of being a problem with the firmware - when the engine stopped or stalled, the driver to which ever coil was about to fire would be held open and within seconds you would get that nasty smell of melting coil bacolite or whatever it is that stinks so bad!

anyway i had a spare output driver on my ecu so the relays for the fuel pump/coil driver etc are now switched by this spare driver after the rpm signal exceeds 150rpm so if the car is about to stall it cuts power, i was looking at a way to do something with an oil pressure switch to add an extra bit of safety but that probably wont get looked at for a while now knowing what im like! lol

hope this helps
                  Will

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3kUXKEezE

Finally got the timing pin problem fixed, now i can get it tuned and tested on a dyno. Already with a base tune and 15 PSI it feels faster and quicker to spool then the old rs2 setup.

Comment

Any updates on this, been away for a couple of weeks.....
                      Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

It is running, but only running 15 psi (1.9 bar spring), Looking for some local help tuning, I am new to Stand alone engine management so i feel a bit overwhelmed

Comment

I've mapped one 3b motronic car running a volvo K24-7400. Actually the turbo was an original K24-7000 with housings machined and volvo shaft+wheel installed.

Basically I liked it. 1bar at 2200rpm and pulls clearly stronger after 5000rpm compared to the original. Can't match RS2 max powerwise but a nice compromise for someone who would like a just a bit more than original turbo is capable of without actually giving up on anything. My butt dyno said 320-330hp. Could probably give a bit more with some cam tweaks.
                          -

Comment

Did you ever get around to finnishing this?
                            Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

vey interesting thread,good work m8.
                              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

so in the last 2 weeks i finally got motivated and have been doing some remote tuning with Marc @ EFI Express, he is amazing at what he does, I highly recommend working with him, great products, and even better support.

I am scheduled for the dyno this weekend so i'll finally have some numbers to report. I'll post results when i get them.

Comment

Working...
                                X