Volvo K24 turbo in audi application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    Here is a dyno plot for an AAN with RS2 turbo, EM, MAF and injectors (but no exhaust cam) with MTM/Dahlback s/w (at sea level), much less peaky:

You are comparing apple to oranges. What did a stock b7 rs4 pull on the same day as that AAN you posted? If you do not have a benchmark, they are just numbers.

As was said above, Dave got crazy torque because he gave it boost where he had turbo flow. If he ran *only* 14psi, his curves would look just like the rs2s.

The same story with my day at the dyno. I will post up on my own thread, but I basically came back to run the hta gt3582r at full tilt. I had made 520whp/460wtq a few months ago at around 29psi. At that level, I was able to hold 29psi to redline. The curves were fairly flat. This time around, I ran the turbo balls out, with the wastegate clamped shut(disconnected wg line). I hit 38 psi at torque peak of 5100, but was down to 32psi by 7500, and 29 by 8500. Well I made the same power at redline, but I now made 612whp/527wtq at the area where I had more flow.
    1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
    2007 Infinity g35

Comment

• Overlay showing no torque lag vs stock k24:

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
        Yep, and that's why it makes much less torque as well....
        I don't think you are running anywhere close to 28psi on that chart.
        Not my car (one of our Vancouver BC UrS club members). If I remember correctly, he does hit 28 psi boost at WOT, if not 28 certainly 26 psi.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post

@Ruffiano

How does your boost profile looks like?

what is the best way to pull that from Vems and show you?

Comment

• is it stock S2 or a chipped one? If not maybe it is better to compare it with one of pauls homefries as maybe is there something to gain spoolwise. Apart from it I dont know if Ruffiano is using MAF or the stock plumbing in general thus having less restriction on the intake path that can cause pressure drop and affect spool.

However it seems that this K24 7400 is a fine alternative to the unreasonably priced k24-7200.

@Ruffiano
            Did you made any VEMS-log while on the dyno?
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Wow, that tells the story Chris. Unreal that the 7400 is spooling identical to the standard k24 7000.
              2007 Infinity g35

Comment

• Originally posted by Billman View Post
                is it stock S2 or a chipped one? If not maybe it is better to compare it with one of pauls homefries as maybe is there something to gain spoolwise. Apart from it I dont know if Ruffiano is using MAF or the stock plumbing in general thus having less restriction on the intake path that can cause pressure drop and affect spool.

However it seems that this K24 7400 is a fine alternative to the unreasonably priced k24-7200.

@Ruffiano
                Did you made any VEMS-log while on the dyno?
                his is chipped, and no, i did not log while dynoing.... i had my 16month old son with me and sort of had my hands full.

and yes, i actually have the maf installed, but not using it, it is being used as a 3" coupler.

Comment

• Originally posted by URQguy View Post
                  You are comparing apple to oranges. What did a stock b7 rs4 pull on the same day as that AAN you posted? If you do not have a benchmark, they are just numbers.
                  Hap: I wasn't trying to compare absolute numbers, just the general shapes of the two curves. I know that you can not compare numbers from one dyno to another, not even for the same car, and certainly not from different cars on different dynos on different days at different elevations. It would have been nice to have seen an RS2'd AAN on that dyno on the same day as Ruffiano's (Dave's) e//S2 to compare K24-7400 to K24-7200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                    his is chipped, and no, i did not log while dynoing.... i had my 16month old son with me and sort of had my hands full.

and yes, i actually have the maf installed, but not using it, it is being used as a 3" coupler.
                    make a full throttle log in 3rd gear as on the dyno.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• My engine bay:

Also the car that had that overlay has the same intake manifold, and same intercooler, but does have a LWFW and 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust.

Comment

• What hotside do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          Hap: I wasn't trying to compare absolute numbers, just the general shapes of the two curves. I know that you can not compare numbers from one dyno to another, not even for the same car, and certainly not from different cars on different dynos on different days at different elevations. It would have been nice to have seen an RS2'd AAN on that dyno on the same day as Ruffiano's (Dave's) e//S2 to compare K24-7400 to K24-7200.
                          This is Hank, not Hap, but I am flattered to be mistaken for him

It would have been nice to compare an rs2 k24-7200 on the same day, but honestly, it isn't needed. The overlay that Chris posted shows that the 7400 spools almost identical to the k24 7000, and makes rs2 power or more. THe k24 7200 fails to spool identical to a regular k24, so is there a comparison?

Hank
                          2007 Infinity g35

Comment

• Another point, Chris also mentioned the fact that i am running 7A cams, he is running 3b cams. the accepted theory of this is that the 7A cams show a LOSS in power at lower RPMs but gain more up top.

Comment

• SO what you are saying is that you need to put the 3b cams back in and head back for a spool comparison?

Aaron is trailering his 2.0L CQ to vegas and is thinking of doing some tunning at ours truely.
                              2007 Infinity g35

Comment

• Originally posted by URQguy View Post
                                This is Hank, not Hap, but I am flattered to be mistaken for him Hank
                                My bad. Hap is UrS4guy. I saw the "Ur" and the "guy" part of UrQguy and missed the "Q" part.

Can't necessarily disagree with your K24-7000, vs K24-7200 vs K24-7400 spooling comments. That said, it would have been nice (wishful thinking) to see a K24-7200'd AAN on the same dyno on the same day as the other two plots. BUT then we get into the cam issues and it all gets muddled anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X