Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My oil leak, breathers etc, advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quattroboy, the valve should be open for vacuum, and closed on boost, its difficult to get to, down behind the throttle body. There are some differences between 3B and ABY breather systems I believe, mine is 3B. Don't know which other cars have the same part.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

little bit of reading about the valve.

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...oost.html#hose
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
        Jonas, how did you find out the price? Our list doesn't even give us a part number. Any help with the number would be appreciated. DDecided to replace it too.
        Well in my etka i have prices i used the part number that i got in this thread, and searched etka for the part.

/Jonas R.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

By the way, is there anyone here on this forum who DOESN'T know this feeling described by Newsh ''''''No problems with idle but sometimes the car would feel really flat at full throttle, not full power even though showing plenty of boost.'''''''A really rapsodic type of car...
          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by newsh
            Quattroboy, the valve should be open for vacuum, and closed on boost, its difficult to get to, down behind the throttle body. There are some differences between 3B and ABY breather systems I believe, mine is 3B. Don't know which other cars have the same part.
            Do you need to get the throttle body off to change it?

And how difficult would you say it is to change the cam cover gasket? Anything in particular that one should be aware off?

/Jonas R.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Working...
            X