• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do that Kit. Then if you want more, just add WMI
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I dont think he made it with MIG, iv seen his equipment - no mig there.

But about the dyno i hope for end of the summer i have dyno runs on the paper with that k7200++, then i will get them up here to.
      1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
      1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Do that Kit. Then if you want more, just add WMI
        That's the plan Alex, though I have the option of getting a swichable map done for 116 Ron race fuel as Charlie will have a supply of that for his car which we could share the cost of.

Could also chuck Nitrous in to the mix.

Will at VRS isn't keen on WMI, says he doesn't like, and I quote "steam engines"...

Going to drop you a PM as I reckon I could make Silverstone in November.
        Last edited by K Simmonds; 16 July 2016, 20:04.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Steam engines
          Sometimes you can ask too may poeple
          BMW now using on the M4 GTS so....

Anyway, Q16 is bloody expensive at £5 per litre but I guess it's dead easy to spend other people's money
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Steam engines
            Sometimes you can ask too may poeple
            BMW now using on the M4 GTS so....

Anyway, Q16 is bloody expensive at £5 per litre but I guess it's dead easy to spend other people's money
            Christ! I didn't realise Q16 was that costly, think I'll be sticking with 98/99 Ron fuel in that case as would have to pay the going rate for it. I'd only be using it for track days and burning it at a furious rate, no way I can afford that!!!

Interesting BMW are using WMI on the M4 GTS, I guess a good quality system with safety controls built in should the pump fail ect shouldn't be ruled out...it's probably less risky than Nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
              Hot side #6
              Quattronaut will probably be able to give you a better answer, though without knowing the exact spec of the compressor wheel it's hard to say. The inducer is still quite small at 48.1mm. An #8 hot-side housing would give you a bit more though most likely at the expense of increased lag.

Will at VRS reckoned my hybrid with the old 48/76mm 3064 G wheel would top out at 390BHP max fitted with a #6 hot-side so nothing really to be gained over an RS2 turbo.

Have you had your car on a dyno?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
                I dont think he made it with MIG, iv seen his equipment - no mig there.

But about the dyno i hope for end of the summer i have dyno runs on the paper with that k7200++, then i will get them up here to.
                I'd guess he did it with an Arc then, does he have a TIG? Welding cast iron is a sod to get right.

Will be interesting to see what those hybrids can do.

Comment

The old 3064 yes is around 400 hp but I have a billet ,,3064,, better design and flow I guess? I have a #6 hot side but don't want to chase numbers I will be happy with 390 to be honest for time being and reliability

Comment

To get 400hp out of the old 3064G compressor you gotta be...hmpf. Let´s say rude to this turbo :-) It´s the same capability of the RS2 compressor, but more lag.

I can´t match your 48.1mm exactly to a KKK compressor wheel that I know (3064G is 48.8mm), so if you measured it correct, it should be aftermarket or tuner wheel. I doubt it can flow much more, but let´s give him 400hp. More improvement could be more boost or less lag with that wheel. But that´s all guessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Quattronaut View Post
                      To get 400hp out of the old 3064G compressor you gotta be...hmpf. Let´s say rude to this turbo :-) It´s the same capability of the RS2 compressor, but more lag.

I can´t match your 48.1mm exactly to a KKK compressor wheel that I know (3064G is 48.8mm), so if you measured it correct, it should be aftermarket or tuner wheel. I doubt it can flow much more, but let´s give him 400hp. More improvement could be more boost or less lag with that wheel. But that´s all guessing
                      The dimensions are given from the company which is rebuilding my turbo .... Btw 3064 is 48.3 mm or I might be wrong? I am rebuilding my turbo and I am looking to get the most of it and they suggested to replace the old one which was a bit smaller with the billet one .

Comment

• OE KKK 3064G is 76,2mm/48.8mm, 0.27m³/s air, up to 1,7bar boost from specifications. The real mm numbers differ a bit from the theoretical calculation, the 3071O I mentioned earlier for example is 77mm/54,7mm.
                        Last edited by Quattronaut; 17 July 2016, 15:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by Costash View Post
                          The dimensions are given from the company which is rebuilding my turbo .... Btw 3064 is 48.3 mm or I might be wrong? I am rebuilding my turbo and I am looking to get the most of it and they suggested to replace the old one which was a bit smaller with the billet one .
                          If your getting it rebuilt and assuming you have the same cold-side housing as me why not try the 3071 O wheel? It should still work well with a #6 hot-side and give you some real gains over the billet wheel.

I'm sure Quatrronaut will correct me if I'm wrong but you'd probably end up with a turbo capable of 420+ BHP, quick spool up and with a nice spread of torque.
                          Last edited by K Simmonds; 17 July 2016, 19:12.

Comment

• Correct :-) I don´t know what kind of wheel they fit, either do you.

To be honest- there would be another way. The turbine wheel you got, is the common contour 1 with 64,4mm/54.5mm. There is another one availlable from KKK,the K26 contour 2. It is 64,4mm/57,5mm. With this turbine, you can reach the 450hp with the 6 hotside These turbines are very rare and not too cheap, but I think they are better to get than the "8" hotside. And it would be an interesting comparison: Costash´s K26/c2 ("6") to K.Simmonds´s K26/c1 ("8"), both with the same compressor. Maybe in direct comparison, the c1/"8" combination is a bit more for peak power, the c2/"6" a bit earlier or faster spool, but difference shouldn´t be much.

But with this one your hotside housing has to be machined. And to be honest- I do not know your compressor housing, so I can´t say, how the 3071O fits and works.

Comment

• I will go for a 3071 0 billet in the end but I am waiting to see if the guys gonna find any k26 turbine wheel contour 2... The thing is, after all this , I will need a remap and don't know where to go.....

Comment

• In the end I have chose a k26 billet wheel close to 3071 spec and it can fit with the existing backplate dia76mm inducer 52.4 mm from a k27 Porsche application it is a racing design with slim hub and so the effective blade lenght is actually longer than the 3071 even thogh it has a slightly smaller inducer.

Comment

Working...
                                X