Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confirmed, im picking the prototype up first thing in the morning
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• .....in s/s?
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• im not sure to be honest! he's just done it in some 1.5mm plate he had spare

Comment

• Sounds good can't wait too see it.
          96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
          96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• I have them! To be honest, its not what i was expecting. The laser etch has just etched the outside of the writing and its only microns deep. It would take a long time to fill etch them and wouldnt be a noticable depth. I'm going to try painting the letters as i think the enamel will fill quite nicely!

Pics are poor...its so shiny and is the hardest thing to photograph ever!!

These would be pretty cheap to make

Im still talking to the engravers to see if I can get the price down a bit. Would people prefer if its cheaper and not painted??

Comment

• Engravers will cost £35 per plate unpainted. Im going to ask them to do a prototype to see what the finished product is like.

Comment

• What material is that one?

It looks really matte and dark in the photo.
                1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
                A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Comment

• haha, its not matte and dark at all! its near enough mirror finish. had to do something with the camera so you can see it!

Comment

• and i also have another laser cutters who can etch the area about 0.3-0.4mm deep. quote coming today.

Comment

• Id rather have a thicker piece 6-8mm and deeper writing 3-4mm.

In alu so you could weld it to the intake if youd like.
                      /Thomas
                      RS2-94

Comment

• i thought a thicker plate would be best, but this 1.5mm looks really good and makes me think a thicker one would look a bit out of place. i'd say 3-4mm max.

welding yes...but a clean outline to the plate looks much nicer imho

Comment

• That would make quite a nice side window sticker for a coupe :mischeif:
                          Shane

Comment

• Originally posted by s2_wot View Post
                            That would make quite a nice side window sticker for a coupe :mischeif:
                            I have two aswell

I was thinking I may make a new panel for above the glove box and recess one in

Comment

• that actually looks loads better than i expected it to lol i was thinkin of getting a porsche one but that looks classy i think id have it i.m.h.o

maybe having it abit deeper bored out lettering would help so that the dirt build up over time and servicing etc may give it a longer life for those whom get lazy under the bonnet lol

Comment

• I'm going to ask if we can get the lettering done a bit wider and see what the max depth is. the second laser place is yet to get back to me and they reckon they can do that. so will see.

the finish on the prototype i had done is top quality, couldnt fault it at all!

Comment

Working...
                                X