No announcement yet.

Intake manifold porsche inscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right, it's not quite dimensionally correct but it looks pimp on the intake (pics in the morning)

I'll get the changes made to the drawing and we'll be away!
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by cab9fab View Post
        Here is one that I laid out to machine my manifold. It could also be machined into an aluminum plate to be welded or bonded to the manifold. I also have a 'powered by Audi Sport' version with the audisport parallelogram logo, but I like the original...i can supply the cad files if anyone is interested. the 'powered by' font style is close to the original, but not exact. if anyone has a better font style match, let me know and i'll update the design. also, the corner radii are adjusted for .031 end mill in 'powered by' text and .125 end mill on 'porsche' logo...

cheers
        Hi Mate,

I'd like the cad files?
        You have PM.

Cheers,
        Leigh
        Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
        Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
        2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
        Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
        Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
        Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
        2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped

Comment

• Is there just going to be one that is "powered by audi sport", or are you doing another one that says "powered by porsche"?

Comment

• There will be a powered by porsche version, im just sorting the cad out today.

Comment

• here it is on my manifold

you can see it doesnt quite fit in the area properly, i think it must have been scaled weirdly somewhere...

I've redone the drawing with the correct dimensions so next one will be perfecto!

Comment

• this prototype may be fine for me as I don't what IM I will be using yet.

Comment

• I've re-worked the artwork for the powered by AUDI SPORT plate and created the PORSCHE plate design

I'll double check my measurements in the morning, but could some people check theres and post up the measurement (im on about the recess on top of the intake...not your manly-hood) I'm a bit nervous some could be different and the plates wont fit!

Comment

• As good as it looks, the quote for the plate in stainless (from this supplier anyway...found some more willing to try ) is looking a bit on the expensive side. They're looking into aluminium as it'll be much cheaper, but the option will be there depending what you want.

Been promised the final quotes within 24hrs.

I'm sending the drawings off to some other places so ill hopefully have a few options to go with

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

• Found a new cheaper method.....chemical engraving. Will give the same result as well.

I've had a quote for this process from stainless steel and it looks like its going to be:
                      £35 painted
                      £28.50 plain

How do people feel about these prices?

Comment

• Shane

Comment

• well if alu will be significantly cheaper that's good enough for me.

Comment

• I'm waiting on the alu quote currently. Been speaking to the materials department at work and he said if it was alu, he'd give it 3-4 month before it was really tarnished And that stainless would be worth the extra.

To put it into perspective...the supplier that did the prototype expect the price to be £50 per plate for stainless!

I'll get the quote for both so the option is there but I can't make promises how long it'll stay looking shiny....

Comment

• I'm still happy to have one!
                              96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
                              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

• Stainless it is then

Comment

Working...
                                X