Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN Inlet Manifold on ABY

One word - NIGHTMARE

I have seen some pics of Marks and it looks like a lot of work to move the throttle body to the front and to remove the access runners through it.

On top of that you need to get the fuel rail mounted on it.
    Move the power steering pump out of the way
    Change/modify the water manifold underneath
    And, and - I'll let Mark do it first

Some pics
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

And another:
    Attached Files

Comment

And another
      Attached Files

Comment

And the last one:

It almost looks easier if you cut off the runners and intake and make your own chamber - I'm looking forward to Mark doing mine
        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck! Looks like a 'mare. If I can justify selling 20 units you guys could have a beatifully cast one instead. Problem is, its a lot of financial investment but the prices will be extremely competitive expecially if it is just a bare finished casting as opposed to a full fitting kit of parts. I reckon sub £500 each if you can get a group buy with deposits.

Lee

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          And the last one:

It almost looks easier if you cut off the runners and intake and make your own chamber - I'm looking forward to Mark doing mine
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

If you try and get a GP organised soon I would be interested. It is hard to get 20 people interested in this - especially since the US guys have no need since they use the AAN inlet already.

You can only try and get some firm orders and see how many are willing to put money down Lee.

Comment

The only thing stalling me is the number of Chefs cooking this little dish.
              1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
              Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                The only thing stalling me is the number of Chefs cooking this little dish.
                I'm very interested

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
                  I'm very interested

Gents:

I beg to differ - there are a number of us in the states that would LOVE to have an affordable IM with front mounted TB - it opens up alot of different IC options..for 20v turbo conversions of the UrQ, 80/90/coupe quattros, etc

Wagner ones are over 900 E, Dahlback close to $1800 USD and MTM????

More than a few motor swappers have told me that once the price goes over $800 USD, its time to look at making your own,
                  Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                  1991 Coupe Quattro
                  1991 Coupe Quattro
                  1995 S6 Sedan
                  1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Here is an AAN IM that has been modified to move up the inlet. notice the angle of the rad.......this is a 7A conversion.

Comment

Nice, that cars a bit low on coolant mind!

Wonder what air cone that is? nice hear shield on it.

Comment

Gents:

Below is a picture of the Dahlback IM in Andrew Jackson's Coupe Quattro converted to an ersatz S2. The IM works with the stock radiator and Aircon condensor....If someone were to make an IM, they should take Aircon into account to maximize their potential sales market :-)
                        Attached Files
                        Peter S

1991 Coupe Quattro
                        1991 Coupe Quattro
                        1995 S6 Sedan
                        1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

So are the S4/S6 guys not happy with an AAN inlet manifold? Any more pics of modified AAN inlet manifolds anywhere?

Any more pics of the dahlback and more importantly how much?

That modified AAN looks very modified. I thought if the inlet was moved to the front then the rad could keep its origianl position - sounds like more work is needed!

Lee's custom cast one would be very interesting but he needs more guys to say they are seriously interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                            Any more pics of modified AAN inlet manifolds anywhere?
                            Bit late into this thread, I just got indoors after installing the crank into the new engine. Yep some more pics would be good, I could do with all the inspiration I can get at the moment. I'd like to get the IM done so that it goes on the new engine straight away............a bit busy at the moment .

Mark.
                            Mark - Modded

Comment

Dahlback IM photo2
                              Attached Files
                              Peter S

1991 Coupe Quattro
                              1991 Coupe Quattro
                              1995 S6 Sedan
                              1995 S6 Wagon

Comment