No announcement yet.

AAN Inlet Manifold on ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok - So what cars have a longer throttle cable? Is the AAN the same but longer?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• All I need to do now is fit a bracket to fix the rad in place, fit the front slam panel, fit the exhaust adapter and fill with fluids.
      Attached Files

Comment

• And another
        Attached Files

Comment

• yet another
          Attached Files

Comment

• And my throttle cable bodge - I cut an end off an old throttle cable and connected the 2 cables together - it will do for now - Tom will be proud of the bodge - I have to maek sure I can get WOT with it though.

My mate, Simon, gave me the idea to bodge it - it will probably stay like that
            Attached Files

Comment

• Here is a picture of my exhaust bodge - this is connecting my 3" Marco downpipe - to my current 2.5" exhaust - this it replaces the 2 y sections and the 2 cats/replacement pipes. I am waiting to see Toms side exit before I decide to do that or not.
              Attached Files

Comment

• WTF is that mostrosity mate?? Looks as bad as my heat shield bodge!! I guess Stevie Wonder is now providing welding and fabrication services in Scotland...album sales must be down. LOL.

Nice hoses BTW ;-)
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

• Where is your ISV Doug? Is it far from the butterfly?

Designun Limited....

Comment

• it is a BODGE - lets see your welding Lee If I wire brushed it, it would look a lot better.

Half the hoses I used were scrap or cuts from the set I got to fit the intake. BTW - I could do with some vacuum hose - as the long bit I had is too short to route properly to the diverter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee
                      Where is your ISV Doug? Is it far from the butterfly?
                      It is 1 metre away from the butterfly - that wire reinforced tube goes from a T piece just next to the throttle body all the way down and up to the ISV and the back of the manifold. I thought I would see how it worked like that - before trying to fit it closer - it is all a bit tight at the front.

Comment

• My welding isn't too bad especially with Oxy...then it gets beautiful. Must learn to TIG but can't afford one yet to play with. I made my crank locking tool using an Arc welder..5 minutes practice and the old skills were back. MIG is crap for making nice welds unless you use it a hell of a lot.

Designun Limited....

Comment

• I'll be bringing a few reels of VAC hose to bonny Scotland next week. I am sure I could 'lose' a little bit

Designun Limited....

Comment

• I can do some beautiful welds with the MIG - I am just not consistant with it - some time it is real nice - most of the times it is a ****ing mess - I am very proud of my nut I welded on the DP to plug in Mihneas EGT gauge - that is as near perfect as I could ever hope for - pity about the other 3 metres of welds.

Comment

• Not far off now doug
                              have you cut a hole in the bumper yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs
                                Not far off now doug
                                have you cut a hole in the bumper yet?
                                No hole yet - do you mean behind the reg plate? I think I will get the car running before I do that. I am not looking forward to doing that! There is a box section behind the outer skin of the bumper so I need to cut that as well.

I need to cut a couple of slots under the bumper - I have 2 struts coming off the bottom of the IC to stop the IC moving - and it is too tight a fit over those bolts/struts.

DOes anyone know where to get RS2 style mesh? A hexagon style mesh?

Comment

Working...
                                X