AAN Inlet Manifold on ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doug_RS2
    I know - but Mark had to move his. When I trial fitted mine, it looked like I could get away with not moving the radiator though We will see very soon when it gets fitted.
    I couldn't work out how come you never had to move your rad and I did, really had me wondering.
    LOL I just realized why......my engine (and obviously the manifold) are sitting approx 10mm further back in the engine bay because I used the the 3B flywheel and took out the spacer plate between engine and block.
    Mmmm took me ages to work that out, getting slow in my old age .

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

• LMAO, dont worry Mark, im nearly half your old age and I didnt even think of that!!
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• LOL, neither had I. Not too bad for you Mark
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

• I thought we might have welded on the throttle mountings differently.

I definitely couldn't get it to fit if the engine sat 10mm further back.

It will run tomorrow - if I can get some PS fluid and coolant. Just a couple of wires to lengthen, turbo oil and water feed to connect and get the bodged exhaust fitted.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• Sounding good Doug, will be nice to see/hear it running. I will phone you later, to see how its going.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Mark - have you got a picture of your throttle cable?

Mine is tight - and I bet that 10mm movement in the engine has helped your cable !! I might need to change mine - unless I can lengthen the standard one. Does it pull through the bulkhead?
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

• If you know any AA/RAC dudes, they have a cable repair kit onboard the van, they can make it fit by extending it. Call them out saying it broke!!
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Halligan
                  I couldn't work out how come you never had to move your rad and I did, really had me wondering.
                  LOL I just realized why......my engine (and obviously the manifold) are sitting approx 10mm further back in the engine bay because I used the the 3B flywheel and took out the spacer plate between engine and block.
                  Mmmm took me ages to work that out, getting slow in my old age .

Mark.
                  That's the first I'd heard of a spacer plate between the engine and transmission. What was that for and which models had it? Was it for the dual mass flywheel?

Thanks,

Ken
                  Kenneth
                  1990 Coupe quattro
                  1991 200q20v x 2
                  1985 4ksq 20vt project
                  1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                  2006 Honda Ridgeline
                  1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

• some of the s4 models,who had 6tr tranny had the doublemass flyweel,and a 10mm spacer between engine and tranny.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                      Mark - have you got a picture of your throttle cable?

Mine is tight - and I bet that 10mm movement in the engine has helped your cable !! I might need to change mine - unless I can lengthen the standard one. Does it pull through the bulkhead?

Doug,

this pic shows it fairly well and it is very tight, no doubt it is too short on yours because of the engine being further forward.
                      Attached Files
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

• Originally posted by auditude
                        That's the first I'd heard of a spacer plate between the engine and transmission. What was that for and which models had it? Was it for the dual mass flywheel?

Thanks,

Ken
                        Ken,

yes it is for the dual mass flywheel fitted to the ABY and ADU S2/RS2 engines, I am not sure which other audi models.

Mark.
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

• It has been used in only S2 (all models) with 6 spd CGR and RS2.

There are 2 different length main shafts in 01E boxes, you know. Unfortunately.

I don't even know what flywheel and box combinations require the spacer but apparently the above mentioned. Don't know if they need it with urS4/S6 or newer 01E boxes.
                          -

Comment

• Originally posted by porkkis
                            There are 2 different length main shafts in 01E boxes, you know. Unfortunately.
                            Are there?
                            The spacer are there because the dualmass are ~10mm thicker, and to get the clutch to sit in the right position to the gearbox(main shaft) you have to move engine 10mm forward(or 'box 10mm rearward )

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                              Also found this interesting picture and thought you guys might like.Its a RS2(same as 3B without the Porsche emblem) that they have simple cut and flipped around.
                              I know you guys will like....

p.s. has anyone heard from Corey?I have been trying to get a hold of him.
                              Thanks...
                              Hey people will it not work great? If you see the picture the place for the TB can be adjusted with the metal Hose! I think i might make something like it! Anyone else tryed it?

Greetings
                              Last edited by Billman; 15 November 2004, 07:49.
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Originally posted by Audi_CQ
                                Are there?
                                The spacer are there because the dualmass are ~10mm thicker, and to get the clutch to sit in the right position to the gearbox(main shaft) you have to move engine 10mm forward(or 'box 10mm rearward )
                                AFAIK yes. I haven't got confirmation to this yet, but this is what I've heard.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X