Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems installing Wagner short intake, need help(+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems installing Wagner short intake, need help(+)

1. Really no clearance between upper point of throttle body and bonnet.
    If engine starts to tilt when accelerating - contact with the bonnet possible??? What do i do to gain this clearance?

2. No fixing points for Idle Valve on the intake manifold body. How do i fix it? any solutions? Just leave it hanging on the hoses?

3. No piping included from turbo to IC. (except for 70-50mm silicone adapter) What can be used???

Thanks in advance for help,
    Mike.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dirtylouie; 9 June 2011, 13:33.
    - Racing. Cause football, baseball, bowling & golf take only 1 ball.

1. This has been discussed various times e.g. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50702

You will see i had to cut a nice hole, as have others, in order to stop the throttle body sticking open

2. I used a cable tie to the oil dipstick.

3. You should be able to use the hose you had before.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Sonic, thx a lot for your quick reply,
      sorry for not being attentive enough.

Best regards,
      Mike
      - Racing. Cause football, baseball, bowling & golf take only 1 ball.

Comment

thats not great considering how much money you pay for them

Comment

It's not an OEM part it's a modification people who buy them need to realise that other parts need to be modified to make it fit

It's one of the cheapest and most secure option being a one cast piece for a reverse manifold

Comment

I agree that is could perhaps be designed so as much drastic cutting isn't required, as it was in my case. Perhaps just removal of the plastic cover, but not having to cut the actual metal.

That said, as Jamo says, it is a wonderfully crafted piece of kit. And as i said in the linked thread - "Nothing modified is ever a direct fit..."
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
              This has been discussed various times e.g. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50702
              What about water hoses ? Will they fit from AAN setup with this Wagner IM? Maybe somebody has experience in this question?
              I'm assembling this engine from bits and pieces and now came to point
              when need to order hoses.... doesn't look much space between water manifold and IM....
              Auxiliaries I'm planing like on AAN, I mean alternator and AC compressor, power steering from Opel ...

Attached Files

Comment

My answer to a problem like this
                Team RS
                Grundey Intake

Comment

where did everybody fix the earth points whuch used to be on the manifold?

i need to find 2 different points as the coil on plug earth should not share the same location...... can i use the rearmost IM bolt for example?
                  Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                  S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                  '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by grundey View Post
                    My answer to a problem like this
                    uchhhh....

so in reality problem exists or not ?

Comment

ok its been like 10 years since i fitted mine and heres what i recall.

bonnet - on aby you need to remove plastic and use a panel hammer to flatten a bit of metal or the tb will catch and stick. use some paint or tippex to see where it catches,
                      on 91 saloon no mods needed to fit.

water hoses - i use a 7a non aux hose. fits great.
                      wires - lift look and fit to the manifold bolts they fit just need to move them a little.
                      wires - i made an extension to the loom to route the wires down past the pas bottle and round the front for the tb and air temp sensor on manifold
                      throttle cable. i cut the cable and use a section of brake pipe run along the manifold length to extend for RHD. LHD cables can be used from OEM supply.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                        water hoses - i use a 7a non aux hose. fits great.
                        non aux means you don't have aux radiator ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz
                          non aux means you don't have aux radiator ?
                          Correct

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                            where did everybody fix the earth points whuch used to be on the manifold?
                            there are earth points on the Wagner, same as on the OEM

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                              there are earth points on the Wagner, same as on the OEM
                              Really?? not on mine.......!

supplied hoses don't fit properly, no earth points, it is a proper pain to move stuff to fit this.... considering contacting Roose to have some hoses made which fit...

Still working out the best way to fit the ISV.

Also .. has anyone fitted cruise control with the reverse IM?

Almost wish i hadn't started this....
                              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
                              X