Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems installing Wagner short intake, need help(+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made one to the rear instead

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Fan housing to ABS pump bracket! Tidy!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

yeah.... pretty neat that...

works well with the early metal shroud, but not so good with the plastuc one . . mine's metal....
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Mine is a plastic one (ABY/ADU)
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

See my project thread for photos on how i installed mine

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...26#post1313526

Comment

Here you can see the ISV and also the brass strip i used to fix the rad

Comment

This is mine solution.

DSC_0005.JPGimage_69367.jpgDSC_0006.JPG
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is my solution, I had a mounting added to the rad when it was built. Excuse the dusty bay, needs a good clean.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

there's a lot more room without the condenser.... and aux rad...

Comment

Anybody who implies that this stuff is even vaguely plug and play is insulting those people who make the effort to actually make something plug and play.

Almost nothing lines up with existing locations, my manifold has neither the earth points or the hole to which to bolt the bent tube for the ISV. The ISV barb on the IM is so close to the top rad hose that you can almost not get a clip on the hose, and in any case, you would need a 45° twisted S shaped hose to even fit the iSV in the suggested location.

In reality, you can obviously make things fit, but you need a proper workshop, machining equipment, welding tools, a lot of spare hose and a huge amount of spare time. sadly, I have none of these things...

I would post a picture, but I can"t be bothered to manually resize the image before posting .

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid
                        Vas - you mean you somehow fitted the cruise control diaphragm?
                        yup

here are some photos

Comment

is hides under the carbon shroud, with an additional hose immediately after the inlet throttle valve. Pretty much resembling the oem configuration. This allowed the cruise control to be fitted as the isv is not in the way

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                            Anybody who implies that this stuff is even vaguely plug and play is insulting those people who make the effort to actually make something plug and play.

Almost nothing lines up with existing locations, my manifold has neither the earth points or the hole to which to bolt the bent tube for the ISV. The ISV barb on the IM is so close to the top rad hose that you can almost not get a clip on the hose, and in any case, you would need a 45° twisted S shaped hose to even fit the iSV in the suggested location.

In reality, you can obviously make things fit, but you need a proper workshop, machining equipment, welding tools, a lot of spare hose and a huge amount of spare time. sadly, I have none of these things...

I would post a picture, but I can"t be bothered to manually resize the image before posting .

Sure I agree its nowhere near 100% plug & play but you should be able to get it installed without the resources of NASA.
                            Sure you have a genuine Wagner unit there? Its your description of the ISV barb which doesn't sound familiar...
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I had none of these issues, maybe some fiddling wirh a hose for the isv, but everything else went rather smooth, certainly for S2 standards. No machining, just some spanners and the promisebof beer once it's done

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan
                                I had none of these issues, maybe some fiddling wirh a hose for the isv, but everything else went rather smooth, certainly for S2 standards. No machining, just some spanners and the promisebof beer once it's done
                                I'll try and upload some pictures...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X