Exhaust manifold from ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b4Dan View Post
    So its an £80 version of an RS Spec manifold that needs some grinding?
    Sounds like a no brainer to me
    Yeah that about sums it up, these's manifolds are a direct copy of the Wager RS2 Evo item... I have a genuine one of those and there's little difference other than the rough casting.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

WHat type of die grinder bit did you use?

Comment

Well I've got the 3b manifold off and taken some pics of the two together.

Will there be an issue using an RS2 turbo to manifold gasket with my current turbo as the 3B on has a raised spigot rather than a flat face?

Need to try and get the studs out of the old manifold unless someone can point me in the direction of new ones?

Could you use standard high temp bolting rather than studs for the wastegate?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dobby84; 8 February 2017, 16:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
          WHat type of die grinder bit did you use?
          Do you want air or electric?

If you can't get the old studs out, I just bought a length of high tensile studding and cut my own.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Qualfast-M...4AAOSwImRYgzlV
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I've got myself an a new compressor now and a die grinder so that bits sorted.

Comment

It might be the picture, but the ports on the ebay special look smaller then the 3B?

Comment

i was just thinking that too! strange...

Comment

Pretty sure they are the same and its just the photo angles but I will measure the ports at lunchtime.

Comment

Measured both manifolds and they are the same, must have been the photo angle.
                    Turbo

Wastegate

Exhaust

Comment

Cool

Comment

Are there some one that know about this manifold?
                        http://m.ebay.de/itm/SS321-Edelstahl...%257Ciid%253A3

Comment

Originally posted by sopd View Post
                          Are there some one that know about this manifold?
                          http://m.ebay.de/itm/SS321-Edelstahl...%257Ciid%253A3
                          Interesting. Looks like more quality than china manifolds, not bad priced if good quality, but why they use that cheap square head flange..?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Shouldn't the ports be bigger than 3b? Since Rs2 or, in this case, Wagner copy...

And if not, isn't that much of the reason why go towards Rs2 or Wagner, more flow?

Or the main reason the design for ports #1 and #5 that creates back pressure on exhaust valves for those cylinders?

I'm pondering buying one of those, but on this side the pond I can only source Rs2 copies, not the one you got which is a Wagner copy. I wanted to go Wagner since they seem more sturdy and are supposed to have more flow than Rs2 also. If the flow ports aren't bigger... Might as well get an Rs2 copy from the US.

Comment

Originally posted by etsola View Post
                              Shouldn't the ports be bigger than 3b? Since Rs2 or, in this case, Wagner copy...

And if not, isn't that much of the reason why go towards Rs2 or Wagner, more flow?

Or the main reason the design for ports #1 and #5 that creates back pressure on exhaust valves for those cylinders?

I'm pondering buying one of those, but on this side the pond I can only source Rs2 copies, not the one you got which is a Wagner copy. I wanted to go Wagner since they seem more sturdy and are supposed to have more flow than Rs2 also. If the flow ports aren't bigger... Might as well get an Rs2 copy from the US.
                              My knowledge of the more technical side of things is rather limited when it comes to flow but Im sure someone here will provide an answer soon enough.

Comment

1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                                *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                                1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Working...
                                X