Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the ports were also bigger... No?

Comment

I have original wagner evo, rs2 and original manifolds. Had them all on the table and when you look at runners then yes - ports are bigger and if you want to go grazy there is LOADS of material to port and grind to make it flow even better, but i didnt bother.
      1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
      1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

So what would be the purpose of buying those copies if the ports are the same dimension as the original S2?

Is the design by itself that much better to change the original one?

Comment

The purpose is just that they are crack-free. When new.

Comment

Originally posted by etsola View Post
            So what would be the purpose of buying those copies if the ports are the same dimension as the original S2?

Is the design by itself that much better to change the original one?
            Because cylinders 1 and 5 effectively doesn't blow exhaust gases onto the turbo. It is quite obvious if you look at the pictures in post #18. Ports ar le the same size but you get more flow, better flow at the turbo.
            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Good enough.

Another question, is changing a T3 flange to fit a K24 a big problem ? (I think here he did the opposite, did it work well in the end ?)

Comment

What length manifold studs should I use? Just test fitted the manifold with the head studs from the 3b and they are too long.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys, I had found this :

[IMG][/IMG]

Is it KKK or T3 flange ?

If T3, is it difficult to change/adapt to KKK ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
                    What length manifold studs should I use?
                    N 906 486 01 rs2 studs
                    is it KKK or T3 flange ?
                    kkk flange - 76x38mm
                    My manifold, is bought from toysports from ebay, has 40x73, like t25, with round hole.
                    I have changed the size of hot housing.

Comment

Right, I have an issue with the install.
                      It looks like the turbo and wastegate mount locations are different to the 3b manifold.

My downpipe does not mate up now.

The down pipe clashes with the subframe

Is it possible to get spacers fabricated to take up the gap?

Comment

Weird, I thought you had the two manifolds sitting next to each other and they measured up the same,
                        Did you change the turbo?
                        Is the motor sitting higher than before?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                          Weird, I thought you had the two manifolds sitting next to each other and they measured up the same,
                          Did you change the turbo?
                          Is the motor sitting higher than before?
                          To be honest, I measured the ports and bolt PCDs etc but not the location of the turbo/wastegate mounts in relation to the head. From looking at it on the car it seems they are 10-15mm towards the front of the car than the 3B manifold. Engine is on poly mounts but these were installed before I changed the manifold. Turbo hasnt been changed. I will split the exhaust as soon as I have time to see if the downpipe section will move any more but as its fowling on the subframe I doubt this will make any difference.

Comment

I had trouble fitting the flex-pipe after installing the Wagner RS2 manifold, but not the downpipe...

Comment

I was expecting maybe a small amount of 'adjusting' would be needed but but not this much.
                              Admittedly the downpipe was always close to the subframe when the 3b manifold was installed, probably because it was fitted to a different car before mine.
                              I will try and take some more measurements of manifold whilst its installed as I dont really want to take it off again unless I really have to.

Comment

Going to try and measure from the center of the manifold stud to center of the turbo studs (A and B) and to the center of the wastegate stud (C and D) on both manifolds to see what the difference is.

Comment

Working...
                                X