K24R OEM Style Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Andy¡¡ i understund perfectly it

i have -0´5bar whem the car it is On and stoped and -0´7bar whem the car it is On and of course runing without thortle

about this VDO for that price are georgeus,but if i can.. i would like the dial face in BAR meter...but aniway after all it is the same with PSI
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Only thing wrong with the VDO gauge is that it is only 25 PSI, would have prefered 30PSI
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I've got the same VDO gauge as the first white one but in black, was pretty cheap over here and I thought I could get a new face printed to match the other gauges but I couldnt find anyone to do it with the numbers backlit. So just I have the black one installed and i replaced the bulb with red leds. Actually blends into the vent area ok and matches at night.

I'd be interested in an oem look face in bar if they weren't too expensive.
        I think how much boost & vacuum they show can be adjusted to some degree by where the zero is positioned (and the needle repositioned accordingly)
        ie. the VDO face goes to 25psi (1.72 bar), the one from the old group buy had the zero at 9 o'clock and went up to 2.5bar (36psi), or the attached pdf is what I was going to try get made which went to 2bar (29 psi).
        Attached Files

Comment

thats what i use but maybe not of interest.

Comment

Yeah, they look like the needle has been repositioned, I read in the group buy thread for them that they swing off the bottom of the scale when on the overrun.

One option for 2 bar+ is to get the 0-3bar item, this does not measure vacuum but has a larger scale as a result.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Is that the Defi electronic one though Gaz? They're a small fortune from what I've seen, not seen a mechanical version. The needle is very close to OE, something like that would be better than the VDO gauges I've found, an illumiated needle would be a good start.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

yes its a defi meter BF. it needs the gauges and the controller.

have mine in a perrin pod on the steering column.

costs more than the others thats for sure but has features that allow record and playback, overboost alarms etc. also accuracy.

Comment

Right, that was a little bit fiddly but I've taken apart my VDO gauge, interesting how it works, has a cresent shaped sealed copper pipe that bends when negative or positive pressure is applied. This in turn operates a toothed lever and then actuates the needle, there is a coiled spring that returns to zero. The needle can be easily moved to allow for different boost levels, I'd be suprised to find much of a difference in the 0-3bar item. I've moved mine to -20 to see how it goes, the pic shows the needle off the -20 mark but that's due to the angle of takingthe pic to avoid reflection off the face.

Anyway, taking the bezel off was the worst bit, it's pressed on so has to be bent to remove it and this slightly damages it and the paint, a quick once over with satin black will sort this out. Also, backlighting the face will give mixed results as there's the mechanism in the way, and it realls is in the way of all of it. Not going to get the needle backlit and it's solid metal anyway. Still, for daytime looks it's possible to get it spot on The case is painted matt white inside to provide as flat a light as possible, that will help matters.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Rusty; 17 December 2009, 11:47.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

https://www.europaspares.com/INSTRUM...001__5040.html
                    Attached Files
                    5vtq gte

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll get one of these in the new year and look into it, they have illuminated needles and are back lit They used to do a gauge with vacuum but no more over here.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Rusty, the VDO does come in a backlit version too - see 'Vision' series here http://www.egauges.com/VD2_main.asp
                        This is the one I have although I didn't get the "light diffusers" so illumination colour can be changed from white to red or green. Needle is illuminated too.

I changed mine to red by replacing the bulb with about 4 or 5 red LEDs. The mechanism is in the way of the light a bit and the backlighting isnt perfectly even, but that might also be because the light from the LEDs is more directional than a bulb.

Pictures show installed day and night photos and I also found a pic of the inside from when I pulled mine apart.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Does it really matter if it doesnt have vacuum?

Comment

The 'Vision' series VDO gauges also come in a 0-30psi gauge with no vacuum if that was someones preference.., but my point is that they would seem to be the perfect gauge to make an OEM face for..
                            They are not expensive - $30US + shipping from egauges.com who ship internationally.
                            The bezel and needle are a perfect match for the gauges below the AC controls.
                            And they are already have a backlit dial including an illuminaled needle so they would be easy to fit a backlit OEM look face.

Comment

Originally posted by mouse View Post
                              I've got the same VDO gauge as the first white one but in black, was pretty cheap over here and I thought I could get a new face printed to match the other gauges but I couldnt find anyone to do it with the numbers backlit. So just I have the black one installed and i replaced the bulb with red leds. Actually blends into the vent area ok and matches at night.

I'd be interested in an oem look face in bar if they weren't too expensive.
                              I think how much boost & vacuum they show can be adjusted to some degree by where the zero is positioned (and the needle repositioned accordingly)
                              ie. the VDO face goes to 25psi (1.72 bar), the one from the old group buy had the zero at 9 o'clock and went up to 2.5bar (36psi), or the attached pdf is what I was going to try get made which went to 2bar (29 psi).
                              This is the coolest gauge I've ever seen!! The white one I mean !!
                              I want one!!

Comment

I can get the 0-3bar variant here in the UK, the version you show isn't available though Shipping from the US might be a faff for a 1 off so would be best to get a batch and I don't have the £ at the mo for that. I'll have to leave it until some of the other parts sell, only so much money in the piggy bank so have to wait to sell some dials first, that was a pretty hefty investment.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X