K24R OEM Style Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K24R OEM Style Boost Gauge

I'm looking for a suitable boost gauge to have a matching S2 dial face made. There was a group buy a while ago that used the VDO -1/+1.5 gauge but that gauge is now NLA according to my research. There is a -0/+3 gauge though but that's no good for checking vacuum, should you ever have to. Just wondered if anyone had seen a gauge with a black bezel and orange needle that would be suitable...

This one looks like a reasonable starting point in appearance and price, reworking a VDO one would make it £100 at least.

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/white-...uge-p-420.html

Pics of VDO gauges, I have the white one at the mo
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

hey friend¡¡

do you know exactly how many negative boost we have to have for know if all the boost vacums are OK without any air leak?? of course with the engine ON and without thortle

-0´4?
    - 0´8 ?
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

This is something I often look for so if I come across anything better ill post it up. Would def be interested in buying a face to match the rest of the dials

Comment

Noticed that the VDO gauges have a far smoother action that some other gauges ive seen/tried.
        Would be interested in a face that lights up the same as the rest of the dials
        Gauges above light up through the edges of the dials instead of through the numbers.
        How about a EGT one also
        Attached Files

Comment

Rusty: I running a Marshall 5411 Silver-faced 52 mm boost gauge:

http://www.marshallinstruments.com/products/5411.cfm

The silver is almost a perfect match for the UrS4/S6 gauge colour (gray) and the gauge is true back lit. You can choose, white, green or amber lighting. Amber is extremely close to the OE UrS4/S6.

The also do a white faced gauge:

http://www.marshallinstruments.com/products/5211.cfm

Prices are good off eBay (Marshall wanted US$75, I paid US$42)
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

It's possible to get other faces made, are there other gauges? Most seem to use digital gauges for lambada/AFR, EGT etc.

The VDO gauge is expensive to buy so including development and rework cost, it would be quite an investment, of course, havng the faces available separately would be more cost effective if you already have that gauge. I think the VDO gauge works well, shame they're difficult to source over here
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Cheers, I can source VDO gauges from the US too, just trying to source something over here first...

There's also the issue of most gauges with vacuum only reading 1.5 bar, not enough for some...
              Last edited by Rusty; 16 December 2009, 07:56.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                hey friend¡¡

do you know exactly how many negative boost we have to have for know if all the boost vacums are OK without any air leak?? of course with the engine ON and without thortle

-0´4?
                - 0´8 ?
                none knows how to say about the negative pressure??
                RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

I dount many people have a clue what your referring to based on the thread title What you've posted seems about right, 0.4-0.5 at idle, 0.7-0.9 on the overrun. The ISV should make up for any small leak so you'll not have any indication without pressurising the whole system, a leak will lead to poor idle and other problems on boost. Perhaps best for a more relevant thread tho
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

These look quite good too, have the correct red illuminating needles.

Again though, US of A...
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

The white VDO gauge you show in the first picture is dirt cheap at summitracing.com, they are priced at 27.95US4

VDO Gauges 150206 - VDO Cockpit White Series Analog Gauges
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

That is very cheap! nice find...
                        91 S2 coupé - RIP
                        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Yeah, they are widely available in the US for good money. Think I might have to take a punt on these in the New Year and get some accross to convert to S2 spec. There is also the 3 bar item for the more adventurous modder that I can apply the same treatment to, no vacuum on that. I just need to check if the needle is illuminated or just solid as converting to back-lit might mean that the needle is no longer visible
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just looking at the HPMuirt GB that happened a few times, the VDO gauges he got hold of were 100 euros back then! Will have to do some research.

If I can get some aux. gauges then I'll have a complete set of replica faces made, need to get them all done at the same time, can do EGT or any other faces but as I say, all at once.

Next project is some S2 coloured dials for non S2 cars and / or RS2 (white) dials for the S2.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Could offer either dial in PSI or bar, the faces will be relatively cheap, it's the labour to convert them and any hidden charges from the US.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X