No announcement yet.

K24R OEM Style Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you not do it group buy style, then the buyers would finance it without any initial outlay from your own pocket?

Comment

Yeah, that could work, I need to develop the product first so people are hapy with what they're getting. Will look into it again in the new year, would offer them at a discount to pre-orders, need to find out how much work is involved in modifying the gauge and how much the faces will be, hoping it'll be a fair bit cheaper than the GB was in previous times.

I'm getting some aux. gauges to have the face style replicated and complete the set, the aim is to be able to offer a complete set of OE style gauge faces to replace ageing or damaged ones along with upgrades for all other B3/4 cars in S2 grey and white (RS2) and a boost gauge to match. I also want to get a batch made up in a different colour, thinking blue but that's a bit down the line and purely because I want something different
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I can send you a cad file of the pdf I attached to post #18 if it would be any help.

Comment

Please,send me a mail! Thank you very much!!
          yavor_20v@abv.bg

Comment

dwg emailed.
            Also the OEM look gauge from the previous group buy (http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ight=vdo+gauge)
            might still be available through http://www.audis2fast.de/ (then pick teile and 3d one from top).

Comment

Mine is look like this too

See my gauges
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Rusty,
                Any chance of this boost gauge face being developed for the VDO backlit gauge?

Comment

Yeah, it can be done, it was just finding the back lit gauge to make it out of. I failed to find some in the UK.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Is this project still ongoing? I really want one lol.

Comment

If I can find a source for the gauges then I'll sort some, might have to go to the US by the looks of it.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Any luck yet in sourcing some gauges?

Comment

Just looking at it now...

There are 2 Autogauges boost gauges that are a full sweep gauge and look about the best that I can find, they're also a reasonable starting price too so should keep finished costs down a bit - even from the states the VDO stuff is getting expensive.

The mechanical one is a good starting point, I'll get one and pull it to bits. The electronic one is fractionally more but uses a smoked lens and might not work too well for an OE look. The bezels can be painted satin black, just need to get them primed correctly to get a decent finish.

The VDO gauges seem to have been discontiunued for the +2 -1 gauge so it's 0-3 bar only.

There are a few nice looking gauges but they're either side lit or sill money.
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Right, not quite up to scratch that one... the needle isn't illuminated, otherwise it's not a bad likeness. Am seeing if I can return it to exchange for the next model up
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

What a nice eb@y seller, he'll take it back. Got one of these to try, has an illuminated needle like OE so it's a better place to be starting...
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'd like one if it works out An A pillar pod would be nice too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X