No announcement yet.

K24R OEM Style Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had some Autogauges before, not exactly as accurate as Defi or anything but for the money they are pretty good
    mine used to light up bluey white though, do they do any other colours?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm not too worried about the illumination colour at the mo as I'll sort out a new face with colour masks on it. Ideally I'd have used the vision series VDO gauge (as this is pretty much what's fitted to the cars as the OE aux gauges) but these are no longer available in +/- format and are a small fortune, even from the states

I'll see how I get on with this, it might need a bit of work here and there to get it looking nice but I'm sure I'll get there in the end, would be nice to sort a holder out too.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I have the autogauge one in my car at the moment, very bright and the needle dose light up. But I'm after a White face dial really. Like you say for the money of the autogauge it's a good start.
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/analoguegauges/

not the cheapest but a uk supplier and good quality.
          Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure they're good quality but that's wedgetastic! I could make a VDO OE replica much cheaper than those TBH, would be about £100 for one but I want Vision series and +/- scale, which are NLA I find vacuum useful but guess I could do some pressure only ones if there's a demand specifically for pressure only gauges...

Perhaps the point of this exercise has got lost over the last 3 pages - I will be modifying a dial to match OE dials in terms of face font, colour and illumination as well as appearance as much as possible. Will look great in the usual vent positions as well as steering column trim or A pillar, just not a perfect match for the aux dials.
            Last edited by Rusty; 22 June 2010, 22:58.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

hy this is my gauge i get it on halfords in peterborough , cheers
              audi s2 aby red 1993 powreded by prj

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                ..Ideally I'd have used the vision series VDO gauge (as this is pretty much what's fitted to the cars as the OE aux gauges) but these are no longer available in +/- format ...
                You mean they're NLA in the UK right? . Because they're still listed on this US site: http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?...Vision&Units=E

Of course I've got a vested interest in the +/- VDO gauge because I already have the gauge and would only need the new face.

If you go for one of the other gauges - what would the cost be to get a one-off face done for the VDO?
                I could supply the face design in whatever file format is required.

Comment

Good find there, I've emailed them. Last time I spoke to a UK shop (a trusted one at that), they told me that VDO were discontinuing the gauge and sure enough, it's not available in the UK. I did a US search and pulled a blank too, Summit didn't have any, for example.

Development cost of 1 face might be a bit silly, wait and see what happens with these.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Keeping my eyes peeled for this.
                    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

a little different picture
                      5vtq gte

Comment

Andy i know someone that works for auto gauge taiwan, i was in touch with them last year about getting some s2 boost gauges made up. The min quantity was 500 units but they can do some pretty good stuff. Your looking at splashing out over 7 grand though thats why i didnt do it..
                        91 S2 coupé - RIP
                        98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Right, I would prefer a VDO gauge and I think that's the feeling on here too, price won't be horrendous and it'll look properly OE. So, thanks to a link further up, I've found a place to get the Vision series gauge at a reasonable price. I will be getting 10 off of these gauges and developing a gauge face in Bar and PSI around the one below.

The first batch will be in S2 grey as multiple colours and batches less than 10 will ruin the price. These are a 25PSI gauges but a little tweaking sill see 2.0 bar out of them.

I am hoping for the finished article in the £80 region, including delivery but won't know for sure until they're done.

If you're interested then please PM me.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rusty; 24 June 2010, 12:28.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                            Andy i know someone that works for auto gauge taiwan, i was in touch with them last year about getting some s2 boost gauges made up. The min quantity was 500 units but they can do some pretty good stuff. Your looking at splashing out over 7 grand though thats why i didnt do it..

Cheers for that Bo but a bit of a risk... not sure there are even 500 S2s left
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Why not have 0.5 centred at the top?
                              Last edited by Rusty; 24 June 2010, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by epic View Post
                                Why not have 0.5 centred at the top?
                                Cheers Rich, now you've mentioned it, the Engineer's OCD has kicked in... The problem with a +2/-1 sweep is avoiding the mounting screws, I'll try my best and see how it looks...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Rusty; 24 June 2010, 12:31.
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X