• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
    servo

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153171208408

Audi A8 S8 D2 4D Brake Servo 4D0612105F 4D0612107B 4D0611021B

I'll check pump...
    Can that servo be used on a RHD?
    Been wanting to switch to servo set up, delete the PAS pump and ABS system on my track car build for ages now.

Comment

Not with the stock intake plumbing, unless you modify the bulkhead and pedal box - the tandem boosters need an adapter to bolt on since the bulkhead / pedal box on the B3/B4 is 3 hole pattern on a smaller PCD.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...conversion-kit

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just bought an Astra electric pump to install soon.
        Has anyone got any info on the wiring? How have you guys connected it up etc?
        What hoses have you used?

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
          Just bought an Astra electric pump to install soon.
          Has anyone got any info on the wiring? How have you guys connected it up etc?
          What hoses have you used?
          What is the part number for the pump

Comment

I'm think my Cosworth Transit used a Saxo electric pump but sold it a few years ago so not 100%

Comment

Bad Obsession Motorsport used a Mercedes A class pump on Project Binky. You will be able to see the size of it on YouTube.

Comment

VW Polo 6R has an electic pump as well with built in reservoir:
                https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/p.../4/423-423050/

JW
                | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
                | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

Has anyone had any success varying the speed of the pump (whichever brand/type) for less assist Vs speed?

I am interested in controlling an EPAS pump from my EMU black.

Jase.

Comment

There are several rally car sources that sell a control box for the Vauxhal/Opel Corsa B and C. It uses a variable resistance pot which the driver can adjust, but over the entire speed range so no "city mode".

Comment

I was looking for a variable hydraulic pump.

Anyone experimented with this?

Jase.

Comment

Is it possible to set EPAS from Opel or Volvo to some value? I have to run EPAS only on half assistance, so the draw of the pump will be half (40A). I have an issue my alternator is 115A and I can't change to a different alternator as my 7A crank damper is V belt style or to a different crank damper as my engine is already balanced with that 7A crank damper.
                        I have Maxx Race ECU, so maybe there is a slight chance of setting that EPAS through Maxx and keeping it on a certain value to keep the draw as low as possible with some small help.
                        Any thoughts?
                        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Surely it won't be drawing 40A all the time, that must be a peak value, surely?

Comment

Volvo EPS is fairly easy with maxxecu
                            https://www.maxxecu.com/webhelp/can_...rsteering.html
                            But the pump/reservoir/bracket is huge and heavy, also needs a lots of amps

The Polo pump seems smaller, more compact and takes less Amps.
                            But Im not sure about the communication, steering angle sensor example.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                              Surely it won't be drawing 40A all the time, that must be a peak value, surely?
                              The peak could be around 80A, so its a plenty.

Originally posted by varia View Post
                              Volvo EPS is fairly easy with maxxecu
                              https://www.maxxecu.com/webhelp/can_...rsteering.html
                              But the pump/reservoir/bracket is huge and heavy, also needs a lots of amps

The Polo pump seems smaller, more compact and takes less Amps.
                              But Im not sure about the communication, steering angle sensor example.
                              I know that Volvo pump could be running through Maxx...but i am not sure if there is any option to keep assistance=voltage as the user wants.
                              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

If it's not doing work, there won't be a high current draw, there's not really any way around that -think you need to re-check your assumptions around that, or do some testing.

I strongly suspect 115A alt will be plenty.

Comment

Working...
                                X