• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Summary (Coupe):-

Stock springs

-1.5F -1.0R

Where
    -x.x = counter clockwise turns from fully hard (wound in clockwise).
    F = Front
    R = Rear
    any changes to the rear setting in case of a proper ARB? (I have a Whiteline RARB)

Comment

I had a Whiteline rear ARB and an RS2 front ARB, car fully (and I mean fully) Polly Bushed. Think I went for - 1.5 or -2 back and front, was also running stock wheels and 205/55/16 tyres.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

-1.5 turns front and -2 rear (from full hard) was the sweet spot IIRC, some people like the rear harder but I don’t cos it makes it hop at the back.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Mine are set to -1.5 front and if I recall correctly -2.0 rear. The rear setup feels ok but the front I seem to have a rebound issue. Once compressed the release seems slow and causes the top mount to come slightly out of its perch which cause a knock when reseating. Only during a heavy rise and fall of the suspension.

I am about to set them to the softest setting to see if it improves the rebound/knocking. Also need to replace the rear dust covers and rear bump stops for some reason they have fallen to bits.

Driving in SA on good roads they are set ok still a bit hard but I could live with that setting. On other roads that are not in as good a condition they are causing a knocking on the front suspension.

If it was not for the knocking I would leave mine as I set them.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by orsum; 9 April 2022, 06:56. Reason: CORRECTED REAR SETTING AND ADD PICTURES

Comment

I have just fitted mine 1\2 turn off fully soft both front and rear. I am very happy with the result. We have very poor roads around me and it's a good compromise. I have no bounce and the car feels very well planted.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Over the past few days I stripped the front and rear struts and set my Koni shocks to fully soft. Not noticing that much difference except for a slight bit more body roll and a few less rattles

While stripping the drivers side front strut I noticed the top mount bearing had come away from the mount,

Lucky for me I had two new top mountings so I replaced both.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X