X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice indeed, Sir!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• What is the best tyre setup for lowered S6/S4 C4 ? I had 245/40R18 on S6 + and now I have installed HR -4/-4 springs for V8 S6. But rear tyres are rubbing know. What setup do you have ? Tyre size or wheel ET. Thank you.
      Rather unique wreck,than a polished nothing.

Comment

• I have Mk 1 S8 rims ET48 with 15mm spacers and Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 255/35/18 and they never rub at the back. The springs are H&R 29800 with Bilstein shocks. With say three adults in the back it will kiss the ground before it rubs.

To be honest I'm looking at removing the spacers as the tyres 'stick out' a little too much from an aesthetic point of view,.

See post # 128 above.

HTH.

I was going to start a thread on here and probably will anyway, but will mention it here anyway, the query is does anyone know of anyone who has a 9 x 18 rim with a 275 tyre mounted on a C4q ?

Any photos ?

Comment

• I have 18mm spacers on rear, but I am not sure about ET, I think it is about 45-48. I dont know if I should go to 235/40R18 or smaller spacers 13-15mm.
          Attached Files
          Rather unique wreck,than a polished nothing.

Comment

• 235/35/19 ET 45 with spacers 11mm rear and 13 or 16 in the front for clearing the Porsche calipers, no rubbing at full turn, Also have Alberts farb kit +10mm

Have new springs for S6+ Auto If you want cheap
            1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
            2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
            2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• My tyres are perfect aligned with the wheelarch
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Lots of useful info in this thread. Looking to freshen up my S6 suspension and get the front end lowered a bit. From what i've read is the following the combination to go for?
                Bilstein B8 front shocks 34-003695
                H&R 29800 front springs
                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Michael,

I have this combo on a UrS6 saloon with S8s with 255/35/18, but also matching springs and shocks on the back.

Presumably, if the back is left stock, the gait of the car will not be great, i.e. much too high in comparison to the lowered front?

Good to hear about another UrS6 being appreciated.

Wonder how Wrath, the op, is getting on with his car ?

Comment

• Thanks Macspring. I have Bilstien shocks and Eibach springs on the back already so can always just change the rear springs if necessary. Back is lower than front at the moment.
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by wug View Post
                      According to H&R for 100 S4 C4 Avant 5 cylinder code is 29861-1. Does anyone fit them on?
                      I don't see this spring listed on H&R website but is available on ebay?

So is that 3 different springkits from H&R?...

The below is from &R webpage:
                      29800 audi 200 lowers front 1.5" rear 1.4"
                      29921 audi S4 and S6 lowers front 1.25" rear 1.2"

The 29800 seem to be the springs to go for. Has anyone fitted 29921 or 29861?
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Macspring, It´s in winter storage at the moment but I´m using it every day at summertime works like a charm, only thing I had to do was to fix the hinges for the doors as the where shot, found a local dude that made new pins, brons bushing so they are like new but alot cheaper than what Audi took when they had em
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• I have my own version of this story to bring to a close. In 2011 I also fitted the ‘wrong’ V8 Auto front springs from Eibach. Front has been very stiff and too high relative to rear ever since. I decided to swap the correct F1515001 fronts in recently, knowing that they were never going to go super low compared to H&Rs but more wanting a less stiff spring and drop it just a bit. I did a LOT of measurements with the wrong springs and on average the front sat 38mm higher than the rear, sometimes more sometimes less depending on road slope etc. The correct Eibach springs have dropped the front by 8mm and car feels quite different too. Interestingly the REAR has risen by the same amount due to the rake shift moving the CofG. Hence my front/rear ride height mismatch is reduced to about 25-30mm now but still noticeable. The plan is to next fit a set of 25mm perch spacers to bring the rear up to get it even. I need to do this regardless as I don’t have enough damper travel at the moment to cope with heavy loads and it’s an Avant so that happens a lot. If the front drops at the same time because of further CofG shifts to the extent where I’ve now got crazy positive rake then I can just machine the spacers down accordingly. Will post some before after photos when this is all done.
                          Last edited by Thecrispynoodle; 6 February 2019, 18:58. Reason: typo

Comment

• Interresting that you can sell a product thats completly wrong. But the people thats ive talked with at Eibach just refere to their catalouge (even if its wrong) so stupid.
                            if you look at the s4 their is no problem
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Posting a little late, but my USA UrS4 has the old Billy/Eibach combo. Just got new struts/shocks in. I am using the Sport Billy’s. My old shocks had the old number on them, so not sure how old they are. Took six months to get the front struts in. Handles way better with the old ones gone. I like the look but wouldn’t mind the front a little lower. I am running 225/45/17 with Oettinger type RE.

Comment

Working...
                              X